How To Drill Holes In Plaster...Without It Crumbling

$5

Hi! I'm Jenn. I'm an accidental house flipper turned full time real estate investor & Broker. I buy old, ugly, & neglected houses, and I give them a whole new lease on life! I chronicle the adventures over at my blog, Bachelorette Pad Flip, where I chat all things design, real estate, Airbnb, and investing! Come follow along!

I tend to buy old houses, and old houses have quirks. If you've ever bought a home with plaster walls, you know they certainly aren't like drywall. I learned the hard way when I started hammering a nail in the plaster for the first time. But with this little technique, you can hang a shelf or full gallery wall without any problems!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Easy Tutorial Video

In this brief video, I show you just how easy it is to hang pictures without damaging your plaster walls!

No damage to the plaster!

Screwing multiples, of any size, is easy with this method!

Having plaster walls does cause a few hiccups, but hanging pics doesn't have to be one of them. To see more tutorials & tips, please follow my blog and check out my daily shenanigans on Instagram!

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Perfectly Round Tables
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
The Bachelorette Pad Flip

• Nobea Palmer Dobson

What type of drill bit did you use and my plaster walls are not smooth, they are bumpy. I have wanted to do a back splash in my kitchen, can you recommend something that will stick to the bumpy plaster walls?? Thank you!

• Abayomi49

Thank You for the great tip! I hate dealing with plaster, but now there is no worries. I always wondered about larger wall hangings or curtain rods on plaster. Any tips for hanging heavy items on plaster? Always frightened to do it.

• Lisa

I’ve lived in my house 28 years and didn’t know this trick! 😂. 1 question, does it have to be frog tape?