Refinished Mid Century Modern Coffee Table Upcycle/Makeover

$30

I came across this table on offerup and it was painted all brown. It was ugly but thought had a lot of potential because of the legs! I knew if I sanded down the legs and found nice woodgrain it would be a nice transformation regardless of what the top looked like.

This is what it looked like before

This is the image the seller posted of the table and I decided based off of this photo, that I just can't live without this table.  Its all about having a good eye and seeing potential!

I sanded down the legs, applied stain, painted the top and applied a water based clear coat for a durable permanent finish. See the instructions below on how I achieved this look.

I started with "some" sanding! This is a tough and time consuming job but you just can't skip it...

I used an electric sander and started with 100 grit sandpaper followed by 120, 150, 220 then grit to give it a smooth look.

Sanded off the legs and the sides. I wanted to expose as much wood as possible. I was happy to see beautiful woodgrain! Once it was sanded I applied penetrating wood stain! The top was laminate so I knew it had to be painted.

I used a water based clear coat on the legs and top for a durable permanent finish.

I picked premium latex paint in black to paint the top.

Sanding paper used during the project
This coffee table looks good as new

Take a look at my Instagram to see more of what I do!

25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/andreapalmai/