Reclaimed Wood Desk {The Easy Way}

$50

Today’s project is an unusual twist on a reclaimed wood desk. I don’t know about you, but when I think of rustic, reclaimed wood furniture I think of piece with a ton of texture, but that’s really hard to work with and not all that practical for creating furniture with. BUT this has to be the easiest reclaimed wood desk EVER. Wait until you see this one…

Here’s what I started with. I bought this desk not at all because it was my style, but because it was a solid piece with straight lines that I could envision taking on a completely different look. I knew with a bit of creativity, this piece could have some great character.  

After the wood plank wall I installed a few weeks ago, I had just enough wood left to cover the drawer fronts. I also thought it would be fun to use some new metallic paint for the case of the desk, as an interesting contrast to the rustic wood. 

This new Metallic Moonshine paint from Dixie Belle comes in some really great colors, including this one – Steel Magnolia – it’s a perfect mix between silver and gold – almost champagne. I knew using this metallic shade would help this piece go with anything else we chose in my son’s room. 

I love the textured contrast between the metallic paint and wood drawers.

Watch the entire process of how I transformed this desk for my son's room.

Now that's a wrap for this desk!

If you like this project, be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram @rootsandwingsfurniture where I share many of my latest creations.

Also check out my numerous paint reviews and painting tutorials on .

New to painting furniture and not sure what to do? I've got you covered. Download my .

Until next time and stay creative!

15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Jenni Ingram

• Mernie

Beautiful. Why didn't you add cardboard or cheap paneling, covered with the paint or a wood grain look, and hide the receptacle and cords? Just a thought....

• Sam Jeppins

How did you add the front panels without them sticking out past the front frame of the desk? On the first photo, with the desk still white, the drawers are already flush with the desk front. Looks like after adding the quarter inch flooring planks, the drawers would stick out in front, but they aren't. How did you handle this?

• Leeann

What type paint did you use over the moonshine?