Ocean-Inspired Epoxy Resin Coasters

$20

Hey all, today I'm sharing a little craft I did recently using epoxy resin. It was my first time using mica powdered dyes, which are really fun. In the past I've used alcohol ink and paint (like on this galaxy-inspired epoxy resin wall art), so it was nice to be able to experiment with something new. Here's how I made them. (Note: remember to work in a well-ventilated area and use gloves when working with epoxy.)

1: First picked up some Envirotex Lite two-part epoxy resin from Michaels. It's a pretty good deal for the amount you get if you use a 50% off coupon. Before I started pouring anything, I covered my workspace with thick work paper to protect my table.

2: I mixed my two-part epoxy resin according to the instructions. It's just a 50/50 mix. I used a little silicone cup that came with one of the molds I got. It made it very simple. Use something disposable to stir it with.

3: Once it was thoroughly mixed, I dumps equal amounts in to two small paper cups and added some of my mica dye power. These are the colors I used. You can get this dye on Amazon, and a little goes a long way. I also sprinkled in some fine glitter.

4: I poured the blue resin into my silicone mold first. Then I poured in the green resin. I used one of my stirring sticks to mix up the colors a bit in the mold to get a nice effect. Then I put a hair dryer on LOW but HIGH heat and shot air at the top of the epoxy from about 4 feet away. Do NOT do this up close or you'll blow your liquid epoxy out of the mold and make a big mess!

5: I took a straw and blew out any stubborn bubbles that hadn't popped yet. As the resin settles, bubbles rise to the surface, and you want to make sure they don't dry that way.

Once they were totally dry (check your brand of epoxy resin for instructions), I popped them out of the mold. Viola! I love these dyes and am going to have fun working with them on new projects.

If you like DIY coasters, check out the super easy concrete coasters I made using a little bucket from Home Depot! You can also check out all of the other DIYs at my blog linked by my pic below!

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
By Brittany Goldwyn

• Lori

These are cool and a great job

I went to your page and seen your wall decor, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! So creative .I also will.be doing something like this, tha is to you. 😊😊

• Christy

I thing this will be a great project for Christmas this year and I can color coordinate with my giftees' decor!