Quikrete Cement Candle Holders

$10

These Quikrete ice cream cone cement candle holders are the perfect cement craft to try if you have never used quick-setting cement before! A lot of people know that Quikrete cement is a great product to use for minor cement repairs and small home improvement projects. You can buy it at your local home improvement store in manageable bags, buckets, and pails with easy to follow directions, so it's the perfect solution for home owners wanting to tackle their own DIY projects. However, not everyone realizes that you can make so many different fun and creative crafts out of cement! Add a little fun to your classic tablescape anytime of year with this easy DIY cement project! I added some striped candles to my candle. holders for creative twist. Get the full tutorial on my blog below! You might also like my "Wooden Bead and Tassel Napkin Rings" DIY project! See the video tutorial and full written tutorial on my blog at https://hellocentralavenue.com/cement-candle-holders/!

quikrete cement candle holders

I used the cement candle holders to dress up my outdoor tablescape and create a fun and whimsical vibe!

quikrete cement candle holders

You will need cement, water, a bowl, a stirrer, and an 1/2" PVC end cap to recreate the cement candle holders. Make sure you use quick-setting cement for this project! You will also need the ice cream cone mold that you previously made (directions below).

quikrete cement candle holders

In order to make the mold you will need to use a silicone gel (or any other mold making material). I used a 3D Spark gel found at Michaels. Place your ceramic ice cream cone in the middle of a bowl, mix the powder and water together to form the gel, and pour it around the ice cream cone. Once the gel hardens, you can pop out the ice cream cone. If it won't come out, you can cut the mold a little bit so that it can be removed.

quikrete cement candle holders

First, pour the cement into your bowl. Add the appropriate amount of water. Stir until the cement is like thick pancake batter. Then, pour the cement into the previously made mold.

quikrete cement candle holders

Next, place the PVC end cap into the top center of the cement. Let the cement dry and then you can pop out the cement candle holder from your mold.

quikrete cement candle holders

After sanding any rough edges, you can spray paint the candle holders any color you like!

quikrete cement candle holders

See the full tutorial on my blog hellocentralavenue.com!

Rebecca | Hello Central Avenue

• Andree Adler

I think I missed a step. How do you make it look like an ice cream cone? Do you have a silicon mold in the bowl or did you use an actual ice cream cone and then chip it off once the cement was dry?

• Timmy

How did you make a mold. U just said “ previously made mold”

Did I miss to read a step or it’s just not there

• Hi! I just added it in the written part of the directions. I made a silicone mold of a ceramic ice cream cone I found at the Target dollar spot. I used a gel called 3D Spark gel. You mix water and powder to make the gel. Then you place your ceramic ice cream cone in a large bowl and pour the gel around it. Once it hardens you just pop out the ice cream cone and you are left with a mold. You can find the full tutorial on my blog post https://hellocentralavenue.com/cement-candle-holders/.

• Diane

I think I would take it a step further and paint the cement ice cream cones in festive colors to coordinate with my theme colors or maybe even to contrast with the theme colors to really make them stand out. The ice cream cone waffling leaves you open to so many options! You might even consider flipping the candle holder position to the bottom of the cone by placing the PVC end cap securely in the bottom of the mold, then adding the cement to fill up to the top of the mold (or even just half way for a variation). Once it dries and you unmold, paint to your heart's contents!

• Kathy Forehand

So cute!! So creative!! Makes me happy to see all the pretty colors.. awesome job!!💯❤️🙋🏻🌹