Quikrete Cement Candle Holders

$10

These Quikrete ice cream cone cement candle holders are the perfect cement craft to try if you have never used quick-setting cement before! A lot of people know that Quikrete cement is a great product to use for minor cement repairs and small home improvement projects. You can buy it at your local home improvement store in manageable bags, buckets, and pails with easy to follow directions, so it's the perfect solution for home owners wanting to tackle their own DIY projects. However, not everyone realizes that you can make so many different fun and creative crafts out of cement! Add a little fun to your classic tablescape anytime of year with this easy DIY cement project! I added some striped candles to my candle. holders for creative twist. Get the full tutorial on my blog below! You might also like my "Wooden Bead and Tassel Napkin Rings" DIY project! See the video tutorial and full written tutorial on my blog at https://hellocentralavenue.com/cement-candle-holders/!

I used the cement candle holders to dress up my outdoor tablescape and create a fun and whimsical vibe!

You will need cement, water, a bowl, a stirrer, and an 1/2" PVC end cap to recreate the cement candle holders. Make sure you use quick-setting cement for this project! You will also need the ice cream cone mold that you previously made (directions below).

In order to make the mold you will need to use a silicone gel (or any other mold making material). I used a 3D Spark gel found at Michaels. Place your ceramic ice cream cone in the middle of a bowl, mix the powder and water together to form the gel, and pour it around the ice cream cone. Once the gel hardens, you can pop out the ice cream cone. If it won't come out, you can cut the mold a little bit so that it can be removed.

First, pour the cement into your bowl. Add the appropriate amount of water. Stir until the cement is like thick pancake batter. Then, pour the cement into the previously made mold.

Next, place the PVC end cap into the top center of the cement. Let the cement dry and then you can pop out the cement candle holder from your mold.

After sanding any rough edges, you can spray paint the candle holders any color you like!

See the full tutorial on my blog hellocentralavenue.com!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Rebecca | Hello Central Avenue

• Andree Adler

I think I missed a step. How do you make it look like an ice cream cone? Do you have a silicon mold in the bowl or did you use an actual ice cream cone and then chip it off once the cement was dry?

• Karen

Nortic Ware platinum collection ice cream cone cupcake pan on Amazon

• Timmy

How did you make a mold. U just said “ previously made mold”

Did I miss to read a step or it’s just not there

• Karen