Purple Epoxy Resin Air Plant Holder

$20

Hey hey, Brittany here from by Brittany Goldwyn. I recently shared a quick epoxy resin project I did using some new mica dye powders—a set of ocean-inspired coasters. Today I'm sharing another project I did...a beautiful tiny little purple-fade succulent planter.

Since this isn't a large planter, it's the perfect air plant holder or stand. You could also use it to get propagating succulent pieces rooting. Also remember to work in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves when working with epoxy. Okay, now on to the project!

1: First I picked up some two-part epoxy resin. This is the kind I used, but any kind will do.

2: Next I mixed up a bit using a 50:50 ratio (according to my instructions) and put it in to three different small disposable cups: one with just clear resin in it, one with a bit of purple mica dye powder and some fine glitter, and one with more purple mica dye powder to get a deeper purple.

3: I poured the clear epoxy into the silicone mold first. Next I poured the lighter purple with glitter in and stirred it up a bit to mix in some with the clear. Last, I poured the deeper purple mix to fill up the mold.

4: I let it sit for a few minutes until bubbles began rising to the top. I used a straw to carefully blow out the bubbles.

5: This one took a while to fully dry and cure because it was a lot thicker than a coaster, but once it was done, I popped it out easily. What do you think?

If you like DIY planters, check out my list of ALL of my DIY planters here. For more fun DIYs, check out my personal blog linked below next to my picture!

21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Perfectly Round Tables
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
By Brittany Goldwyn