How do I "hide" a stack of roofing tiles?

Kathy DeStafinoFlipturnMainiebets
+5

My HOA rules say tiles I have stacked next to my garage wall must be hidden from view or removed. I need them for future roof repairs & have no other place to store these tiles. There is very little room to put plants because my air conditioner equipment is in this area. Artificial (fencing or plastic plant's are acceptable). Any ideas ?

• Laura Cooper

How about a long narrow planter filled with tall grass (artificial or real). Some planters are less than 8" wide and several feet long.

• Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!

Laura has a great idea for a long planter. If you want it to be maintenance free you can always use faux greenery on sale at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Also, maybe a short trellis you attach to a piece of 2x6 as the "feet" and attach a pretty garden flag on the back side to create a window effect that blocks the view of the tiles.

• Syl

I thought of using faux greenery but my "picky" HOA won't allow any artificial plants outside, unless it might be our partially enclosed lanai area. No faux green or floral is allowed in the screened in lanai area or behind the screened area. Boo hoo. They will permit "real" greenery but it must fully hide any equip such as air conditioners, etc and my violation has to be corrected immediately, so real greenery wouldn't have time to grow in (tall enough or wide enough to fully hide stacked up roof tiles.

• Mainiebets

What about making a pallet wood cover for it so that it looks like a table or plant stand and placing some potted plants and flowers on top?

• Flipturn

Can you store them under your beds?

• Kathy DeStafino

Put against a corner is you have one. Posts with lattice would work. A garden gate with a bit of fencing. There are several projects on here to "hide" HVAC units that would work.