$62 DIY Kitchen Cabinet Makeover - Chalk Painted

$62

Make over your kitchen with just $62 in paint and a paint brush! You can read the full post on my blog! https://www.themakersmap.com/kitchencabinets

👇👇👇👇

The back splash post is on hometalk now too See it at https://www.hometalk.com/43680369/100-diy-subway-tile-back-splash-kitchen-project

Totally transform your kitchen in 1 weekend with a little paint and a paintbrush! I show you how on my blog!

Before: My cabinets were a builder grade solid wood chocolate color. All we did was clean our cabinets really good with Sprayway Glass cleaner using a t-shirt rag.

Before we took the doors off we used removable tabs by 3M to label our doors and drawers, then we removed the cabinet doors and left the hinges on the door part. We didnt remove the hinges

We put a twin fitted sheet over our farmhouse table and we painted the doors there. this shows them upside down where you can see the labels

I used the Color Fluff for my cabinets. This paint is by Dixie Belle it is by far my very favorite paint and I think you will like it too.

I used 2 full 32 ounce containers for my kitchen.

I did use some frog tape to tape off my floor and the counter area.

We did not empty out our cabinets

This is one coat, some areas were difficult but we painted right over them and used 3 coats total. We did not sand in between!

You can use clorox wipes but I still prefer Sprayway Glass Cleaner when I clean all my furniture and for this kitchen makeover project

After: My kitchen looks totally different. After we finished painting the cabinets, we put the doors back on and added 1 coat of waverly wax to the doors.

After Read full post on my blog

AFTER! Read the full post on my blog! for more details and a fun story about this whole project!

Back splash how to can be seen at

https://www.hometalk.com/43680369/100-diy-subway-tile-back-splash-kitchen-project

Amber Strong

• Pamela

The backsplash really brings the project details together for a great look!

• Rory McBean

What are the sanding sponges for? You said that you didn't sand the cupboard.

• Rory McBean

Ok...but your post said yoy did not sand between coats of paint. Does your blog say otherwise?

• Cat

Does this paint come in other colors? White is too "white" for me :)

• Susie Bickmore

The before picture really show how dark the cabinets were.. You kitchen was so dark and depressing.. I hate when people paint over wood but this is such a beautiful transformation.. Two thumbs up!!

• Amber Strong

Thank you. The cost of white wood finish. Was thousands so this was the best alternative. It really was dark and no windows

• Darla

Whites not for me. To plain, I like your cabinets before painting. Enjoy ur new look just not for me. Great job.

• Darla

I appreciate the time and work u put in but I try not to make someone feel bad for the work they’ve done. Just like buying a car not everyone likes the same thing if they did life would be pretty plain and lots of people out of work. Have a super great day and thanks for sharing.