$62 DIY Kitchen Cabinet Makeover - Chalk Painted

$62

Make over your kitchen with just $62 in paint and a paint brush! You can read the full post on my blog! https://www.themakersmap.com/kitchencabinets

👇👇👇👇

The back splash post is on hometalk now too See it at https://www.hometalk.com/43680369/100-diy-subway-tile-back-splash-kitchen-project

Totally transform your kitchen in 1 weekend with a little paint and a paintbrush! I show you how on my blog!

Before: My cabinets were a builder grade solid wood chocolate color. All we did was clean our cabinets really good with Sprayway Glass cleaner using a t-shirt rag.

Before we took the doors off we used removable tabs by 3M to label our doors and drawers, then we removed the cabinet doors and left the hinges on the door part. We didnt remove the hinges

We put a twin fitted sheet over our farmhouse table and we painted the doors there. this shows them upside down where you can see the labels

I used the Color Fluff for my cabinets. This paint is by Dixie Belle it is by far my very favorite paint and I think you will like it too.

I used 2 full 32 ounce containers for my kitchen.

I did use some frog tape to tape off my floor and the counter area.

We did not empty out our cabinets

This is one coat, some areas were difficult but we painted right over them and used 3 coats total. We did not sand in between!

You can use clorox wipes but I still prefer Sprayway Glass Cleaner when I clean all my furniture and for this kitchen makeover project

After: My kitchen looks totally different. After we finished painting the cabinets, we put the doors back on and added 1 coat of waverly wax to the doors.

After Read full post on my blog

AFTER! Read the full post on my blog! for more details and a fun story about this whole project!

Back splash how to can be seen at

https://www.hometalk.com/43680369/100-diy-subway-tile-back-splash-kitchen-project

3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Amber Strong

• Joann

I would like to try this as we are planning to paint our cabinets next month. I see you have sand paper listed, but you don’t mention sanding first. Did you sand the cabinets prior to painting?

• Donna Epps Compton

speaking from experience, I had my cabinets painted. They were not sanded or sealed before painting and whenever you try to wipe them off the paint comes off too. I also had 3 coats put on of Sherwin Williams Emerald, but it needs to be a urethane paint or it will not wear well.

• Rae

What a change. Now my question is how is it holding up? Do you have to be especially careful so they are not dinged or scratched?

• Karyn

I’m sure this is a product In The USA, do you know of a Canadian paint the same?

• Donna Epps Compton

Use Sherwin Williams Emerald Urethane. I am sure you can get that there in any color you want. Be sure to sand and prime

• Bea Davis Barnes

OH MY!!!! That made a world of difference, they are beautiful!!!! Love your kitchen, it looks so clean and fresh. Some people love the dark cabinets and that is ok, but like you I love the white.

• Wendi Killeen Myers

You went from needing the lights on during the day, to needing sunglasses!  I'm a big fan of the lighter look.