$62 DIY Kitchen Cabinet Makeover - Chalk Painted

$62

Make over your kitchen with just $62 in paint and a paint brush! You can read the full post on my blog! https://www.themakersmap.com/kitchencabinets

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

The back splash post is on hometalk now too See it at https://www.hometalk.com/43680369/100-diy-subway-tile-back-splash-kitchen-project

62 diy kitchen cabinet makeover chalk painted

Totally transform your kitchen in 1 weekend with a little paint and a paintbrush! I show you how on my blog!

Before: My cabinets were a builder grade solid wood chocolate color. All we did was clean our cabinets really good with Sprayway Glass cleaner using a t-shirt rag.

Before we took the doors off we used removable tabs by 3M to label our doors and drawers, then we removed the cabinet doors and left the hinges on the door part. We didnt remove the hinges

We put a twin fitted sheet over our farmhouse table and we painted the doors there. this shows them upside down where you can see the labels

I used the Color Fluff for my cabinets. This paint is by Dixie Belle it is by far my very favorite paint and I think you will like it too.

I used 2 full 32 ounce containers for my kitchen.

I did use some frog tape to tape off my floor and the counter area.

We did not empty out our cabinets

This is one coat, some areas were difficult but we painted right over them and used 3 coats total. We did not sand in between!

You can use clorox wipes but I still prefer Sprayway Glass Cleaner when I clean all my furniture and for this kitchen makeover project

After: My kitchen looks totally different. After we finished painting the cabinets, we put the doors back on and added 1 coat of waverly wax to the doors.

After Read full post on my blog

AFTER! Read the full post on my blog! for more details and a fun story about this whole project!

Back splash how to can be seen at

https://www.hometalk.com/43680369/100-diy-subway-tile-back-splash-kitchen-project

Amber Strong

• Jackie

Why do you use wax over the cabinets? Will it yellow over time?

• Amber Strong

I used Waverly wax to avoid that. Still white! Painted these march 2018 no issues

• Lesley Long

This looks amazing! I really want to redo my kitchen cabinets. I've been doing research for 2 years trying to find the best paint that will give me the results I desire. I would like a professional look but something that can withstand a kitchen that gets a lot traffic, as I have 5 children. I want something that will not wear off easily if scratched or washed repeatedly, something to stand the test of time. How would you rate the durability of the product used?

• Amber Strong
      20 hours ago

I have 3 kids all boys. Almost 2 years later and Dixie Belle has held up perfectly

• Pamela
    Yesterday

The backsplash really brings the project details together for a great look!

4Β ofΒ 198 comments
  • Terri

It looks awesome. I am definitely going to do this to my dark cabinets.

• Susie Bickmore
    Yesterday

The before picture really show how dark the cabinets were.. You kitchen was so dark and depressing.. I hate when people paint over wood but this is such a beautiful transformation.. Two thumbs up!!

• Amber Strong
      20 hours ago

Thank you. The cost of white wood finish. Was thousands so this was the best alternative. It really was dark and no windows