How do I install a refrigerator water filter?

Lifestyles HomesHomyHoldsBetsy
+4

• Read your owners manual. Every manufacturer is different. If you no longer have it, look up on line and call Customer Service if need be.

• Cher @ Designs By Studio C
    Cher @ Designs By Studio C

Hi, David!

If your refrigerator does not already have a filter, an in-line filter can be installed on the water line to the fridge/icemaker. Do a search on Google... There are lots of installation videos on YouTube, as well as sources with purchasing information! I hope this helps!

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

what kind of fridge is it there are so many make model year???

• Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

Check the manual that came with the fridge. If you didn't get a hardcopy, get onto the manufacturers website, look up your model and download the manual.

Betsy

Hi David: Like the others say, we need to know the make and model of your fridge. If you don't have the manual, check this site to see if you can find it:

http://www.manualsonline.com/

Good luck

• HomyHolds
    HomyHolds

Agree with others. Installing a refrigerator filter can be easy or complicated depending on the model. You need to check Brand, Model and dimensions first. However, if you like to know the basic steps to install or replace a refrigerator filter you can read the steps here.

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

I would save myself $25and add a second generic in-line water filter, in back, behind the fridge, before the line goes into the fridge.

Easy to get to and easy to change.