Gardener's Hand Soap Recipe

$10

This gardener's hand soap recipe is easy to make with melt and pour soap. It has clay, ground almonds, and a loofah slice to gently scrub away dirt and debris. It's also great for mechanics or anyone who gets dirty working or playing.

You'll need:

16 ounces melt and pour soap

1/2 tablespoon ground almonds

1/2 tablespoon bentonite clay

glycerin 

loofah

33 drops lemon essential oil

33 drops peppermint essential oil

33 drops tea tree oil

If you buy a large loofah, cut it into 1 to 1.5 inch slices. Soak them in water for a few minutes. Wring them out and set aside.

Cut your melt and pour soap into 1 inch cubes. Microwave on high 30 seconds at a time until melted.

Mix the bentonite clay with enough glycerin to make a paste. Add that and the ground almonds to the soap. Stir well.

Use a laser thermometer to check the temperature. When it drops to 180 degrees, add the essential oils and stir.

Set the loofah slices in the circle mold. When the soap is at 125 degrees, pour it over the loofahs to fill the mold.

I used this circle soap mold. It's perfect for these little loofah slices.

Let sit until fully hardened.

Once it's cool and hard, remove from the mold. You can use it right away. I like to let mine sit for a few days because I think it helps it last longer.

Use as a hand soap or on your body (but not on your face). This also makes a great soap to use before shaving legs because it exfoliates.

For more information and other essential oils you can use, visit my DIY Gardener's Hand Soap Recipe.

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Everything Pretty

• Donna

One thing, loofahs can get smelly after a couple of weeks an if not sanitized create health issue. So with wet soap being left in a molded loofa how do you sanitized that? You can't. So every few weeks you just throw them away?

• Lezlie

I bought a bar of soap like this and had no problems with it. I think the soap itself holds the mold at bay. I loved it and have thought many times about making some.

• Faith

gonna try this

• Nancy

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this! I have grown loofas and this is a great way to use a lot of them!