Gardener's Hand Soap Recipe

$10

This gardener's hand soap recipe is easy to make with melt and pour soap. It has clay, ground almonds, and a loofah slice to gently scrub away dirt and debris. It's also great for mechanics or anyone who gets dirty working or playing.

gardener s hand soap recipe

You'll need:

16 ounces melt and pour soap

1/2 tablespoon ground almonds

1/2 tablespoon bentonite clay

glycerin 

loofah

33 drops lemon essential oil

33 drops peppermint essential oil

33 drops tea tree oil

gardener s hand soap recipe

If you buy a large loofah, cut it into 1 to 1.5 inch slices. Soak them in water for a few minutes. Wring them out and set aside.

gardener s hand soap recipe

Cut your melt and pour soap into 1 inch cubes. Microwave on high 30 seconds at a time until melted.

gardener s hand soap recipe

Mix the bentonite clay with enough glycerin to make a paste. Add that and the ground almonds to the soap. Stir well.

gardener s hand soap recipe

Use a laser thermometer to check the temperature. When it drops to 180 degrees, add the essential oils and stir.

gardener s hand soap recipe

Set the loofah slices in the circle mold. When the soap is at 125 degrees, pour it over the loofahs to fill the mold.

I used this circle soap mold. It's perfect for these little loofah slices.

Let sit until fully hardened.

gardener s hand soap recipe

Once it's cool and hard, remove from the mold. You can use it right away. I like to let mine sit for a few days because I think it helps it last longer.

Use as a hand soap or on your body (but not on your face). This also makes a great soap to use before shaving legs because it exfoliates.

For more information and other essential oils you can use, visit my DIY Gardener's Hand Soap Recipe.

Everything Pretty

• Donna

One thing, loofahs can get smelly after a couple of weeks an if not sanitized create health issue. So with wet soap being left in a molded loofa how do you sanitized that? You can't. So every few weeks you just throw them away?

• Rebecca D. Dillon

I've made loofah soaps a number of times and have been making soap - both mp and cp - for close to 20 years and have never had any loofah soaps mold.

• Julie

Love this! I can't wait to make them!

• Donna

Bc of the issue mentioned that I wrote I don't intend to make them. Just read the articles even here under materials an it's self explanatory about loofahs. I for one don't need a client coming back with problems.