Giving New Life To An Outdoor Footrest

$20

I found this footrest/ottoman a couple of years ago at a garage sale...I think. It has been in the garage so long collecting dust I don't even remember where I picked it up.

Anyway, I thought it could be a really nice addition to the backyard patio space. I love to sit and put my feet up.

I used a vinyl tablecloth and some outdoor paint to give it some color and make it look like new again.

I removed the screws to separate the legs from the cushion. I was going to spray the legs but I wanted to use the (affiliate link) Outdoor Living paint that I used on my painted planters so they would be the same color.

Here are the separated metal legs before they got painted. I cleaned them up and brushed on the yellow paint.

I removed the old fabric from the cushion and as much of this foam stuff as I could.

I cut a new piece of foam to size for the top.

I measured and cut out the pieces for the top and the sides of the new cushion cover from a vinyl tablecloth. I added an inch of extra fabric so I could have 1/2 inch seams.

This is how I stitched them together. Basically I stitched the long seams first then I pinned and carefully stitched the corners.

I looked like a box when I got done.

I glued the foam onto the base with hot glue then pulled the new cover on.

I had cut the side pieces long enough to fold over and attach over the sides. I used more hot glue to attach it.

When I was happy with the way it looked and everything was glued down I re-attached the legs.

I just turned out so cute. And it is really comfy too! It has been out in the rain a couple of times (I forgot to bring it in) and it seems fine so far!

What do you think? I love it and it has really added to some color to my patio area!

If you like this project you will probably like more of my projects, diy's, crafts and printables. You can sign up for my email/newsletter and receive access to my free resource library. It includes printables and cut files for the Silhouette and Cricut machines for you to download all for free!

Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Michelle James