Repurposed Credenza Sideboard

$2

I found this free office credenza at the local community center. I was so excited because I knew that we could repurpose it into bedroom furniture!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

repurposed credenza sideboard

This is the original credenza sideboard sitting outside the local community center. I was super excited to find this piece.

repurposed credenza sideboard

We had to pull it apart to get it in our car, so we took the top laminate piece off to find that the 3 bottom pieces were all individual. We removed the legs as we wouldn't be needing those. We'll be using the counter top for another project at a later date.

repurposed credenza sideboard

I pulled out the drawers and doors. I lightly sanded the pieces to get it ready for painting.

repurposed credenza sideboard

After sanding I cleaned the pieces with denatured alcohol.

repurposed credenza sideboard

I painted each piece with Black Apple Barrel Multi Surface Satin Acrylic Paint. I painted 2 coats letting it dry between each coat.

repurposed credenza sideboard

We measured the tops of all 3 pieces. We bought a Craft Master's Pine Laminated Project Panel and cut it into 3 parts for the tops.

repurposed credenza sideboard

I sanded the tops and corners and wiped them off.

repurposed credenza sideboard

I paint the tops with more of the Black Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint. I painted on 2 coats and let it dry between each coat. I love the way it soaked into the wood and how you could still see the wood grain.

repurposed credenza sideboard

After it dried, we screwed the top onto the base of each piece.

repurposed credenza sideboard

The set was finished and ready to go in our home.

repurposed credenza sideboard

My husband had been wanting new night stands with some sort of drawers or doors and this fit in perfect.

repurposed credenza sideboard

We put the other piece by our rocking chair as a side table and inside we store our extra bedding.

repurposed credenza sideboard

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Joanie

You always do such nice work.....this 3 piece outfit looks just gorgeous. I thought you added legs to all of them? Maybe I was lookin' at something else.

• Kda11597750

Love repurposing pieces - this is great. But (yes, always a 'but') - the side tables look out of proportion to the bed - especially the height. Would definitely seek out new legs and add to help correct the proportion. Great, jazzy legs available online.