Repurposed Credenza Sideboard

$2

I found this free office credenza at the local community center. I was so excited because I knew that we could repurpose it into bedroom furniture!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

This is the original credenza sideboard sitting outside the local community center. I was super excited to find this piece.

We had to pull it apart to get it in our car, so we took the top laminate piece off to find that the 3 bottom pieces were all individual. We removed the legs as we wouldn't be needing those. We'll be using the counter top for another project at a later date.

I pulled out the drawers and doors. I lightly sanded the pieces to get it ready for painting.

After sanding I cleaned the pieces with denatured alcohol.

I painted each piece with Black Apple Barrel Multi Surface Satin Acrylic Paint. I painted 2 coats letting it dry between each coat.

We measured the tops of all 3 pieces. We bought a Craft Master's Pine Laminated Project Panel and cut it into 3 parts for the tops.

I sanded the tops and corners and wiped them off.

I paint the tops with more of the Black Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint. I painted on 2 coats and let it dry between each coat. I love the way it soaked into the wood and how you could still see the wood grain.

After it dried, we screwed the top onto the base of each piece.

The set was finished and ready to go in our home.

My husband had been wanting new night stands with some sort of drawers or doors and this fit in perfect.

We put the other piece by our rocking chair as a side table and inside we store our extra bedding.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Chas' Crazy Creations