Golden Blooms Fall Wreath

$10

Make this easy Golden Fall Blooms Wreath to add a lovely pop of color to your outdoor decor. The combination of gold and deep orange is great for fall decor.

golden blooms fall wreath

I love these long stems and they were just what I wanted for a new fall wreath. I bought six stems plus a couple of acorn circular stems. I had the wire wreath form in my craft stash. 

I had planned on using a wire wreath form, but I couldn't get the long stems to look quite right for it. I needed a foam wreath, but didn't want to make another trip to the store to buy one. So, I improvised!

golden blooms fall wreath

I had a dollar store pool noodle in my craft stash that I bought months ago. It’s held together with Gorilla Tape. I wrapped the tape around it several times until I was sure it would hold. 

golden blooms fall wreath

Using a foam wreath form meant that I needed to wrap the wreath with ribbon. I had one roll of this orange ribbon in my craft stash. I used pearl head pins to hold it in place. I wrapped it, overlapping it until I ran out of ribbon. I should have purchased two rolls. I was determined to find a way to finish the wreath without a trip back to the store. 

golden blooms fall wreath

I added some blue ribbon to the wreath thinking that if some of it showed, it would be a nice color combination. 

golden blooms fall wreath

Before adding the stems, I curved them into the shape that I wanted to place them in on the wreath.

golden blooms fall wreath

The stems are tied onto the wreath with twine and pinned in placed with pearl head pins.

golden blooms fall wreath

The acorns were circular stems, so I pulled them apart and added them to the bottom of the wreath in the center. They are attached with twine, too.

golden blooms fall wreath

This wood pumpkin is one of a set of two that I bought several years ago. I’ve re-used them on various projects. I used Gorilla Clear Grip Glue to attach the pumpkin. 

golden blooms fall wreath

I continued adding the floral stems up the sides of the wreath holding them in place with twine and pins. The finishing touch was to add this autumn sign to the top of the wreath. This covers the blue ribbon and adds more dimension to the wreath. 

golden blooms fall wreath

Considering the number of obstacles I ran into while making this wreath, I’m happy with how it turned out!

For more fall decor ideas, I hope you'll stop by Across the Blvd!

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd