A Quick Hack to Building a Firewood "V" Rack

$18

We had another tree fall in our yard and oops no space for the wood! This is one of the easiest and cheapest wood racks to assemble for your back yard. Honest. Easy-Cheap-Fast.

The materials needed are something most of us have already in the garage or shed but if not it's still cheap to purchase. About $1.10 for a cinder block at Lowes (you'll need 2). And about $3.40 for a 6 foot long treated 2x4 (you need 4) at Menards. Under $20 total!

2x4 Treated Lumber

Gather Your Materials

• Two cinder blocks
  • Four 2x4 pieces of treated lumber in whatever length you wish*

*We decided to go with 6 foot long 2x4's but you might go shorter depending on where you are locating it or if you already have some wood on hand.

Find a Spot

Find a Spot

Decide where you want your set up. It could be near your fire pit or under a shelter or along a fence which is what we did.

Simply set the two cinder blocks side by side with the 4 holes up. Easy peasy!

Insert 2x4s

Insert 2x4s

Insert a pressure treated 2x4 in each opening of the cinder blocks pointing outward into a "V" shape- it's that simple!

Stack Wood

Stack Wood

Stack your wood in the "V"- see I told you- so easy and so fast!

Note: You can easily mix up the big wood and small pieces throughout or left and right side small stuff and big stuff center.

We actually have several wood piles but decided to put a new one together to show everyone how easy it can be. Enjoy!

• Marguerite Shipley

Brilliant! How did you ever think of this?

• G

love this thanks for sharing so simple

• Jill02152

How would you keep the wood dry during rain storms? Anything other than a tarp with bungee cords?

• Joan

I have a metal rack that I bought years ago at Home Depot or Lowes. Problem was I don't like leaving it next to the house - termites are a possibility. Now I have a vinyl fence, and I can move the rack next to the fence and I put stepping stones under the four corners to keep the rack from sinking into the dirt. I use a tarp with bungee cords to keep the wood dry when and if we have rain - If you get too much rain, send it to Southern California - we need it.

• Mary Timar

p.s. Did not have to buy a thing. Used leftovers wood and cinderblocks from other projects over the years.