A Quick Hack to Building a Firewood "V" Rack

$18

We had another tree fall in our yard and oops no space for the wood! This is one of the easiest and cheapest wood racks to assemble for your back yard. Honest. Easy-Cheap-Fast.

The materials needed are something most of us have already in the garage or shed but if not it's still cheap to purchase. About $1.10 for a cinder block at Lowes (you'll need 2). And about $3.40 for a 6 foot long treated 2x4 (you need 4) at Menards. Under $20 total!

2x4 Treated Lumber

Gather Your Materials

• Two cinder blocks
  • Four 2x4 pieces of treated lumber in whatever length you wish*

*We decided to go with 6 foot long 2x4's but you might go shorter depending on where you are locating it or if you already have some wood on hand.

Find a Spot

Find a Spot

Decide where you want your set up. It could be near your fire pit or under a shelter or along a fence which is what we did.

Simply set the two cinder blocks side by side with the 4 holes up. Easy peasy!

Insert 2x4s

Insert 2x4s

Insert a pressure treated 2x4 in each opening of the cinder blocks pointing outward into a "V" shape- it's that simple!

Stack Wood

Stack Wood

Stack your wood in the "V"- see I told you- so easy and so fast!

Note: You can easily mix up the big wood and small pieces throughout or left and right side small stuff and big stuff center.

We actually have several wood piles but decided to put a new one together to show everyone how easy it can be. Enjoy!

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items

• Jill02152

How would you keep the wood dry during rain storms? Anything other than a tarp with bungee cords?

• Carolyn

I would think to put thick plastic area it a tool up in the dry days

• Mary Timar

p.s. Did not have to buy a thing. Used leftovers wood and cinderblocks from other projects over the years.

• Kristi

I just wanted to say this is amazing! I had been trying to figure out an attractive yet easy way to keep some wood on my patio for my fire pit. This was just what I needed. I downsized it and used 1 block and two 1x4x3 so it wouldn’t overpower the small space. I painted the block (spray paint) and the boards to match my patio furniture. Great, easy project! Thanks for sharing!!!