DIY High End 41" Starburst Mirror With My FREE TEMPLATE

$40

This gorgeous mirror was made with paper like 2 for $1.00 posters. Starburst mirrors are so expensive. And the ones that I love measure 36" or more. I know you will love this DIY one.

41" Starburst Mirror

It has the look of metal but it is not. And it was made on our kitchen table.  

Using two 40"x 32" foam board I created this 40" round board.  All of supplies are listed below.     

I used Duck tape along the seams to hold the two boards together.  This is the front of the board. 

This is the back of the board.

Using construction glue I attached D-Rings to the back.  And a small piece of foam board was glued to the back to serve as a brace to keep the board from bending. The entire board is now very stiff. 

Use a paper cutter.

I created a FREE template sheet so I could share my project.  See details below on how to DOWNLOAD your template from my blog.

Staging row #1.

Spread out your pieces first to make sure your spacing is correct. This is row

Curled the ends beginning with row #2.

Once you apply the first row space the remainder of the rows 1 3/4" lower. Here I am starting row Notice that I curled the outer edge of each piece on rows #2 through I placed the new row pieces in between the pieces on the previous rows.

The pieces on each row are getting smaller.

Here is what 6 rows look likes.

Each row has 43 pieces.

Here are all 10 rows. It is so beautiful already!

One half has been painted.

Spray paint from the edge toward the center. That way the paint goes underneath each piece.  While painting I turned the paint can on its side to insure great coverage underneath each piece. 

Construction glue added.

The Gorilla Construction Glue is my favorite. I really lathered it on. And those curled ends look amazing.  What do you think?

Apply pressure to your mirror.

To insure the glue had cured, I applied a few bricks and added some additional pressure. This was the status for 48 hours. I also wanted o my glam friends to have a few options. Go ahead and add the acrylic gems to every other piece.   You can see the hanging process which I shared on my blog and YT.

The Final Results.

As I stated earlier I have a FREE TEMPLATE for you on my BLOG! Enjoy the DIY. I did Loves.

This is a very detailed video.  Thank you for stopping by! 

Cathryn Holt

• Nancy

Did you mean lathered on the Gorilla glue instead not laddered?

I was wondering if laddering was a method I wasn't aware of.

• Nancy

That is so true! We have all been there and done that.

It didn't have a negative effect on your beautiful project!

Very original and chic design.

• Michael

Looks impressive! How do you dust it?

• Lauren.

Possibly a blow dryer set to low (no heat and low speed) could make quick work of it also.

• Elixeo

That turned out great! I think I am going to try this with paint sample cards. Maybe try a gradation of the same color or perhaps a gradation from one color to a complimentary color? Thanks for the inspiration!