Spray Paint and Lace!

$3

I've used lace in several painting projects in the past and this time I thought I'd try it out on glass!

I love finding new uses or projects for things that I have a lot of and I have A LOT of glass jars!

I decided to try out my technique 2 different ways. I would do one jar with a white base and copper lace and the other jar would be the opposite. Well, in all honesty, one of the jars was a complete flop! For some reason the copper spray paint didn't stick to the glass very well...

First I sprayed my base coats.

A couple tips when using spray paint on glass:

•Glass isn't porous or absorbent like some other materials so it's very important to use a light touch and spray a couple thin coats to avoid those nasty drips.

•Allow for a little extra drying time as well and make sure your base coat is completely dry before moving on to the lace step.

Different types of lace will give you a different look so have fun and experiment! Also, after you have painted your lace, you don't need to throw it out! You can use the same piece for at least a couple more projects.

I wasn't exactly sure how to go about securing and painting the lace because I've only used this technique on flat surfaces before. I played around with it a little and just ended up rolling it around the jar and spraying one side at a time.

Once I spray over the lace I carefully remove it right away and allow the piece to dry. I wouldn't want the lace to stick and end up pulling off any paint. Once the first side is completely dry, wrap the jar again and spray the other side.

I finished the jar up with some twine and added some flowers. They could also be used as candle holders, pen holders, or whatever you need! I highly recommend testing out your lace on a scrap piece of wood before your main project to see if you like how it looks. Again, different types and different thicknesses of lace will give you different results. I hope you enjoyed this project. Feel free to check out all my other projects on my Instagram page!

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now

To see more: //instagram.com/beautymark_furniture

• Rebecca H

Dear Kris ~ Thank you for your awesome ‘soft look’ Lace on Jar idea. I tried your technique on many different styles of jars, bottles and glassware in white lace over Teal colors, to coordinate table settings for my granddaughter’s wedding reception decor. It’s the perfect look to enhance the beauty of the various white flowers she chose to add. Sorry the wedding pics haven’t returned yet to show you the unbelievable results. Now I’m creating these for next years holiday gifts. Garage Sales and Thrift Store here I come! Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays to all. ~ Rebecca

• Valerie Kalman Sawyer

I saved salsa jars, olive jars, 1/2 gallon pickle jars, jelly jars any that were big enough to do the projects. If so you may not have to spend $ at thrift stores

• Kathrine Anderson

Very nice. Thanks for sharing!