DIY Electronics Box Cover

$15

I am sure I am not the only one who cannot stand the look of those ugly black cable boxes and DVD players. When we had no choice to conceal them because of our open shelving, I had to get smart. With a few materials, I was able to hide the eyesores in a pretty way that blended right in with the decor on my shelves!

diy electronics box cover

With just a few materials, we created a pretty box that fit perfectly on our open shelving and was big enough to hide our cable box and DVD player.

diy electronics box cover

I first stacked all of our electronics to get an idea of actually how tall and wide the box would have to be.

diy electronics box cover

I found this metal sheeting at my local craft store. It came in many different designs and styles and I picked up two packages of them to complete the box.

diy electronics box cover

I found some extra wood pieces we had laying around in the basement and cut them to fit what would be the sides of the box.

diy electronics box cover

The metal sheets are pliable so they were cut and bent to make the box front and top. Then using a staple gun, I stapled the sheeting to the tops and fronts of the wood boards. I also placed trim along the top and front to fancy it up a bit. A nail gun was to secure those into place as well. I ended up chalk painting the whole box {wood sides, trim and metal sheetings} in white chalk paint. 

diy electronics box cover

Now no more eyesore of black electronic boxes! It is such an easy way to conceal them and you can really make this box your own by varying the measurements, sheet design and color of the box!

Michele | Sweet Threads Design Co.

• Katie

Brilliant idea and could also use this on a bigger scale for a radiator cover so thanks very much.

• Muji

That is brillant. Thanks , the project provide

beauty, air circulation and hid the equipment.