DIY Plate Display Using Only TWO Materials

$5

I really enjoy decorating with practical items from around my home. Pillows and blankets serve not only for function but for decor as well. In this case I decided to use my dinner plates not for function, but for wall decor. The only problem? I had no way to display them. I easily created a solution for my decor dilemma with a handful of screws and an old piece of barn wood.

diy plate display

I planned for my board to hold three full-size plates, using two screws per plate. Notice I opted for a green/grey color so they would blend in better with the wood.

diy plate display

On the backside of my wood I created makeshift hanger with two screws and some twine. You could very easily use a large saw tooth hanger and attach it. I was just working with what I had handy.

diy plate display

Flip your board back over and lay out your plates, spacing them evenly apart.

Be sure to leave wood showing on both ends.

diy plate display

Once you have determined the placement of your plates, simply position your screws on either side of the apex of the plate and press firmly will drilling downward.

diy plate display

This is what your display will look like without the plates. Obviously you will want to remove the plates before hanging your new display.

diy plate display
diy plate display

Did you love the plates I used on the display? They are home made!!! You can make your own too... SEE THE DETAILS HERE!

Roost and Restore

• Ilene

Me too. What is on the plate so that it will hang? You said put the screws & twine are on the back of the board? The plates hang on the front of it. Thanks.

• Linda

The plates sit on top of the screws that are put on the front

• Robyn Garner

Let's see if I understand this - you basically put in 2 screws at the top and 2 at the bottom of each plate. The plate then stays upright between them all?

Where does the string come in?

• Kay Cloninger Kirby

how long were your screws