How can I upcycle red cement bricks for use in my garden/patio?

+5

Replaced half my garden with a concrete slab (I am 74 years old and can no longer do heavy gardening). I ended up with about 24 of the long (about 30 inches) red scalloped border cement bricks. Any ideas of how to use them in my garden/patio?

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Aug 03, 2019

You could make tiers in the garden that is left, using them to hold in the additional dirt.

• Dee Dee on Aug 03, 2019

Lie then down and make a tiered section where you could plant some nice flowers. Build upwards.

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Aug 03, 2019

If you can find resources equal to 5 of these for use on the bottom (or use cement or mortar instead) you can make

Firepit/Planter/Cooler/Sprinkler Housing/Waterfall

7 bricks on the bottom

7 bricks on tier 2

6 bricks on tier 3

5 bricks on tier 4

4 bricks on tier 5

If you want to make a waterfall you should get a Solar Pump, Amazon.com sells Solar Pumps.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Aug 03, 2019

maybe lay flat with scalloped edge outward & use them as decorative edge around the cement patio it would add some color and dimension to all the cement.