How can I patch up my shower wall?

+4

Patch an old shower... that flimsy stuff from the 70’s not tile... not acrylic can’t remember what it’s calles but there are holes I just want to patch until can afford to replace to prevent water from getting in behind there and causing mold issues.

• Can you share a photo?

• Dee Dee on Aug 03, 2019

Create a resin patch for your shower or tub wall, there should be simple instructions in the kit. If not, all you have to do is mix up the compound and hardener. Using a putty knife, you are going to apply the resin to the hole. It's important to use as much filler as the hole will allow. This is just a temporary fix to keep water out.

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Aug 03, 2019

Silicon Paste.

• Mogie Mogie on Aug 03, 2019

How big are the holes? I took my shower door off and replaced with a shower curtain and rod. But when doing that I had to deal the holes left where the screws were. Found a great product at Lowe's it is called GE 100% water proof 100% silicone and it came in a 2.8 oz. tube. It has 10 year product protection against mold, dries in 30 minutes and has a lifetime guarantee. Seems like is was less then $10 a tube. My shower is white and this stuff is white. Nearly a perfect match and it has held up great.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Aug 03, 2019

Hi Karen,

Oh dear, we bought a house that had a 70's advacado green shower and tub combo. the floor of that was thin and shot so we took a board and Bondo'd it until we could afford to replace it. It lasted about 6 months.

Since you have a problem with the side of your shower, I would recommend the shower curtain solution until you can do the actual repair. That way you have cheap and easy on your side.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 08, 2019

Yep, it might be Formica, which is one brand name for laminate.

Do the walls have a narrow stainless steel trim?

I had almost forgotten about those types of shower walls.........