How can I clean a stainless steel stovetop?

+9

How to clean around the burners of a stovetop stainless steel? I tried goo gone didn’t work.

q cleaning stainless steel stovetop
q cleaning stainless steel stovetop
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Aug 05, 2019

Hi Mika, this video will show you how to clean your stove top - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wigIbwYcnPU

• Jerry roselli Jerry roselli on Aug 05, 2019

Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil, & crush into a ball. Rub against dirty portion. It's cheap, & it works,...but does take some time & effort !

Jerry

• Shannon Shannon on Aug 05, 2019

You might try Oven cleaner, like easy off. I would also try Mean Green degreaser and let it sit on awhile then scrub with bar keepers friend powder cleanser.

• JUDY MCKAY JUDY MCKAY on Aug 05, 2019

You can spray with fume free oven cleaner, use a small brass brush to remove, wipe down and spray with a mixture of 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup DAWN dish soap, 1 cup water, and one cup vinegar and wipe off. Been a professional cleaner for over 40 years and works well. Also for burners, racks and grates use a heavy duty trash bag out side, put in parts and tie shut for a day. Clean up is easy.

• Rita Rita on Aug 05, 2019

I’ve used the balled up tin foil, it does work but I also sprayed it with a little oven cleaner and wiped it clean with warm water.

• Judy Judy on Aug 05, 2019

All you need is blue Dawn dish soap to cut grease if you need scrubbing power use kosher salt or any salt. Scrub with the tin foil as suggested or a stainless scrubber gently. Rinse well and often. Also use a flat scraper or knife, a paring knife but be careful to get the yellowed crud off. Don’t go to hard or you’ll scratch it.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Aug 05, 2019

Check these out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZCS1EN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use them for cleaning pots & cookie sheets I inherited and did a fantastic job.

• Mitchmom Mitchmom on Aug 05, 2019

I really am ocd about my pots and pans and I always use lemon oil or orange oil straight from the bottle, baking soda with a supersoft steel wool pad. I've also used the hand cleaner GoJo - it has a little pumice in it (let either sit for a while- 30 min or so but don't let it dry out) this will let the oil/cleaner work its magic)

To avoid this getting so gunky.... After cooking, wait until the stove is completely cold to clean up. You can get a lot of stuff off with a dry paper towel while its still hot, but the water makes it burn in due to it thinning out the oil too much. I have had a smooth cooktop for 25 years.