What glue should I use to repair this mixer handle?


The handle on this MCM hand mixer is cracked through. If I use the wrong glue, there’s no recourse. I will take it apart to glue it, so I can try a spot on the back. I’m going to call GE today and see if I can get them to tell me what kind of plastic it is. That should be an exercise in patience, lol.

q what glue do i use on this

Crack is aligned w/ the cord, under it.

  9 answers
  • Janet Janet on Aug 05, 2019

    Crazy Glue

  • Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Aug 05, 2019

    I would use crazy glue very little don’t get on out side of mixer

  • Cheryl A Cheryl A on Aug 05, 2019

    gorilla glue

  • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Aug 05, 2019

    Gorilla glue.

  • Donna Donna on Aug 05, 2019

    Ee600 glue. Not sure of the numbers , but if you ask at a craft store they will

    show you where it is.

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 05, 2019

    Hello there,

    A clear plastic friendly glue - maybe an epoxy if not an instant fix type.

  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Aug 05, 2019

    I would consider using epoxy putty. Its strong sandable and can be painted. I repair just about everything with it. Even my cracked elliptical pedal that takes a few miles of abuse daily.

  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Aug 05, 2019

    I am advised that Gorilla glue is not for this, as it will expand. And it's not clear.

    I think Crazy Glue will not bond, as I've had trouble with it on old plastic before, then it's ruined because the clean edges are now dirty with that glue.

    I'm thinking a two-part epoxy and I'm trying to find out if the case is ABS. JB Weld's tech dept is very useful for material-specific bonding.

    I will test a dot on the inside and see how it melts and solidifies the plastic and if I can pick off the glue/epoxy, later.

    I called GE and they can't even find the "Catalog Number" that's on the case, in their data base - it's that old.

    The chances of me finding someone at GE who actually knows what plastic they used in the early 60's are probably zero. I'll call another GE department later, after work.

  • Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Aug 05, 2019

    Wow is right! Love MCM. I think you could use crazy glue gel. Apply just a tiny bit at a time. Any overflow can be scraped off carefully.

    Prior to that, do visit a plexiglas specialty fabrication place. I do know there is a fabulous glue they have that works on plexiglas and they'll know if it will work on your plastic. It's applied using a syringe and it follows along the crack, literally melting the two surfaces back together again.