Step by Step Drop Cloth Curtain Tutorial

$55

I believe we all want to make our homes beautiful and it can become very stressful at the cost of how expensive home decor can cost.

I’m here to show you a cheap , no sew curtain that’s gorgeous!!!!!

No sewing, no hassle. I love these so much and I will probably use them in our home forever. If you’ve never tried drop cloth curtains, I’d definitely suggest giving them a go. You just can’t go wrong at $11 for two curtain panels! Since they are canvas I actually think they’re a bit heavier than your typical curtain. They’re certainly not black-out curtains, but they still do a great job when it comes to keeping light out. They are AWESOME. I hope this step by step drop cloth curtain tutorial was helpful.

Materials

1. 9x6 drop cloth (Amazon or Home Depot
  2. Curtain Ring with Clips (Amazon)

How To:

1. lay drop cloth
  2. cut down center of fabric and pull down the seem to divide in half

Cut down middle where seam is and pull

Soak in water and bleach for eight hours...

1. Iron if desired ( I sprayed mine with febreeze and in 3 days they where wrinkle free)
  2. add four clips on to curtain (have the cut seam go toward wall and clean cut toward window) and hang

Straight Curtain Style

White Curtain Look

1. fill washer or tub with hot water (large load) add 1/2 gallon of bleach
  2. let cloth sit in mix for 8 hours
  3. run wash after 8 hours
  4. delicate dry or air dry

folded over curtain style

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space

• Lisa

I’m wondering if the drop cloth can be dyed for a different color?

• BonBon

I have 90” from my ceiling to floor. Are drop cloths long enough to accommodate? Thank you.

• Ticia

I've always loved the idea of doing this but wondered would they be thick enough to be sun blocking; summers in the south are brutal and we get a lot of sun.

• Sharon

Yes they do block out the sun. I have them hung on a bronze tone rod at my kitchen and family room French doors. I also added a 4 inch cotton fringe on the bottom. I think you will be pleased.

• Bethany Allen

Just covered a headboard in canvas drop cloth and painted it. It dawned on me yesterday that I should make the curtains from this drop cloth as well! I’m going to paint them to match and I bet that will help with sun coming in tremendously.

• Susan Carson

What a fabulous idea! I've been looking for ages for just the right fabric for our sun porch that wasn't going to break the bank. You've just answered prayers for the rods and curtains! Thank you!!