How can I fix a slow draining basement drain near the washing machine?

+4

I have tried Drano, wondering what else I can try to clear the drain, it’s backing up when I do a load of laundry and when I run water in the kitchen sink upstairs! Help!!!

• Cat Cat on Aug 05, 2019

snake the drain...clogg from washing maching lint? keep an old nylon knee high on the drain pipe...

• William William on Aug 05, 2019

Probably needs to be rodded. You can buy or rent an plumbers snake. May need a plumber.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Aug 05, 2019

Try a box of baking soda and a cup of white vinegar let it bubble for about 1/2 hour then put 1/2 cup vinager more let sit 1/2 hour more then wash down with boiling hot water

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Aug 05, 2019

pure lye lot less damaging than drano works better put in drain let it sit repeat how big is the drain in diameter? is it in wall, on floor, in a sink in laundry room? may need to get a good snake and snake the drain but be very careful you might break thru pipes also could be tree roots in drain from out in yard or drain itself is broken will need plumber