DIY Repurposed Candle Holder Garden Flowers

$2

I love creating repurposed flowers to add some fun and whimsy to my gardens, and this project is quick and easy.

You can find candle holders in all shapes and sizes at thrift stores and ones that have stems like this are great for the garden.

To create my flowers I'm using some small dessert cups and some GOOP Adhesive. E6000 glue works well also.

I gave my $1 thrift store candle holder 2 light coats of green spray paint.

And I gave the $1 plastic dessert cups two light coats of a hot pink spray paint. The cups are translucent so I only spray painted the outsides.

I applied the GOOP adhesive onto the bottom rim of the dessert cups.

Then I put them in place, securing with painter's tape until the glue was cured, which is about 24 hours.

The smallest stem broke off while I tried to bend it a little, so I was left with 3 stems... which worked out just fine.

I buried the base of the candle holder a bit and covered it with the mulch so it looks like the flowers are coming right out of the ground.

And here's my little flower bunch looking all pretty in the garden.

Creating repurposed flowers like this is a great way to add color when your perennials are in between bloom times.

To see more pics and details on this project check out my Repurposed Candle Holder Garden Flowers post on my blog.

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Color Me Thrifty

• Debg

Did you drill holes in the molds so water does not collect

• Color Me Thrifty

No I did't but you could certainly do that if it's an issue. I just tip the water out and put my flower back in place.

• Ticia

Is there a hole in the top to release rain water? Otherwise, standing water breeds mosquitos.