Upcycled 3 Tiered Serving Tray

$20
1 Day

I found a vintage 3 tiered serving tray for $6 at the thrift store, and I was so excited! With a little cleaning, sanding, and painting, I upcycled it to fit in my home.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

upcycled 3 tiered serving tray

Here is the original tray that I found at our local ARC Thrift Store for $6.

upcycled 3 tiered serving tray

I removed all of the contact paper, and washed it down completely.

upcycled 3 tiered serving tray

I pulled the entire tray apart.

upcycled 3 tiered serving tray

I sanded the tray tops with a sanding block and washed them off.

I then spray painted the tray tops with Rustoleum Paint and Primer all in one in the color Titanium Silver. I gave it 3 coats and let it dry between each coat.

upcycled 3 tiered serving tray

Once the paint was dry I gave it 3 light coats of Polycrylic letting it dry between each coat to protect the surfaces.

Once that dried I put the service tray back together and it was ready to be used again.

upcycled 3 tiered serving tray

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Joan

Did you clean/paint the handles?

• Flipturn

You did a nice job of reviving the serving cart, but I am wondering, as the title of the project says 'upcycled', how are you using it now?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I have used it for a variety of things so far so it keeps moving through our house. I have used in in our dining room to hold extra food, I have used it after hip surgery to help me carry things through the house, and I have used it for plants, holding supplies, etc.

• Lisa

What happened to the wheels? Removing them seems to reduce the cart's functionality significantly.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I actually did put the wheels back on. I took this the last picture before and was looking for updated wheels as the others were chipped and yellow.

• Susan Clancy Serventi

But... that lovely avocado green of my childhood!!! JK, it looks great! Wonderful job taking it all the way apart and putting it back. No skipping important steps, and the results were worth it!

• Mary McDonald

Yes, avocado green. That ol’ obsolescence trick. But I love rolling trays. We had tons while I was nursing. I should have snagged one when the unit shut down, lol. It looks great Chas. As you described, it can be dressed up or down based on the occasion.