Upcycled 3 Tiered Serving Tray

$20
1 Day

I found a vintage 3 tiered serving tray for $6 at the thrift store, and I was so excited! With a little cleaning, sanding, and painting, I upcycled it to fit in my home.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here is the original tray that I found at our local ARC Thrift Store for $6.

I removed all of the contact paper, and washed it down completely.

I pulled the entire tray apart.

I sanded the tray tops with a sanding block and washed them off.

I then spray painted the tray tops with Rustoleum Paint and Primer all in one in the color Titanium Silver. I gave it 3 coats and let it dry between each coat.

Once the paint was dry I gave it 3 light coats of Polycrylic letting it dry between each coat to protect the surfaces.

Once that dried I put the service tray back together and it was ready to be used again.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Joan

Did you clean/paint the handles?

• Mary Russell

It looks like you got real lucky finding a cart with good chrome and good wheels.I think you did a great job on the cart,really appreciate when these oldies are saved.

• Flipturn

You did a nice job of reviving the serving cart, but I am wondering, as the title of the project says 'upcycled', how are you using it now?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I have used it for a variety of things so far so it keeps moving through our house. I have used in in our dining room to hold extra food, I have used it after hip surgery to help me carry things through the house, and I have used it for plants, holding supplies, etc.

• Lisa

What happened to the wheels? Removing them seems to reduce the cart's functionality significantly.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I actually did put the wheels back on. I took this the last picture before and was looking for updated wheels as the others were chipped and yellow.