Vickymcreations
Vickymcreations
  • United Kingdom

Apple Crates as Storage

$10

We have a corner in our home between an archway and glass doors - it’s a little too small for standard book cases but a little drab when empty. I decided to experiment with alternative storage solutions, to add storage plus a splash of personality to this corner of our dining room.

apple crates as storage

The beauty of using apple crates is the ability to arrange them as you please. I have arrange two at right angles into the corner of the room.

apple crates as storage

The inside of the crates can be lifted with a light dry brush of paint, which highlights the texture of the wood. I used a white chalk paint which I had to hand.

apple crates as storage

The trick is not to put too much paint on your brush, its a good idea to have a practice on a scrap bit of wood to achieve the effect you are looking for.

I have placed my painted apple crate on top of the first two crates to create storage and a sense of display.

apple crates as storage

These apple crates add storage and personality to the room. I have added cookery books one side and arty/reference books the other.

apple crates as storage

The corner of the room is transformed, for very little money I have a corner of my home which feels like me.

apple crates as storage

Vickymcreations

• Katherine

Looks great in that corner I have two old boxes really old boxes from my dad thanks for the idea

• Benwa

Awesome, young ones , unless raised in a great experience like yours , today feel they have to buy wonderful pieces like yo. . urs. You must have grown up in apple country. It's funny how i have gone back to my youth ( I'm 69). My wife is younger but from the coast of Brazil. She can't believe how country, coastal and farmhouse fits her lifestyle. Thank you !