Croquet Mallet Head Wreath

$25

When repurposing something vintage, it's great to be able to use all of the different parts. The mallet heads on the croquet sticks were my last challenge in upcycling all the old partial games in my stash. Here is the easy DIY project I came up with to enjoy this classic yard game in a whole new way!

Gather as many varieties of old croquet game mallets as you can (I used 20 for this wreath). Partial pieces can be found for cheap or free at secondhand sales and junk piles. Unscrew the handles from the mallet heads and remove the rubber ends.

Purchase 2- 18" craft wreath forms and glue together with wood glue. Purchase real-looking artificial grass and cut to fit and cover the wreath form.

Glue artificial grass to doubled wreath form. Now you have your base ready.

If your croquet mallet heads look fairly rough and have lost their vibrant colors, touch up with craft paint. This wreath will look more classic and fun with bright colors!

Sand lightly, so the mallet heads will still look vintage and brush on polycrylic sealer. This will bring out the character of the old wood and protect them. Once dry, you're ready to assemble!

Lay out and decide on your desired pattern. To fit all 20 of my mallet heads around, I went with an in and out design. For more details on how we space planned the design, see my full blog post and my printable tutorial.

Drill holes through the doubled wreath and the grass where your mallet heads will go.

Drill holes 1/2 way through the mallet heads to attach to the wreath base.

Using 1 5/8" screws, attach the croquet mallet heads to the wreath form.

To hang, add a D hook to the top. This masterpiece is pretty heavy!

Enjoy your Croquet Mallet Head Wreath indoors or out! For more tips, pictures and a downloadable/printable tutorial, visit my full blog post: https://lorabloomquist.com/repurposed-croquet-mallet-head-wreath/

I also share a repurposing idea for the croquet sticks and how to enjoy the colorful, striped balls!

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Lora Bloomquist