Easy DIY Hydrangea Wreath

$15

See how easy it is to make this beautiful faux hydrangea wreath. You can choose any color of flowers you like, and if you check your local craft stores you can usually find them on sale.

I love hydrangea wreaths and one of these days I'll have one made from dried blossoms. Until then, this faux version I made will serve just fine.

I had some high quality but older stems that the green coating was starting to shed. Every time I loved or rearranged them the green stuff dropped everywhere. So I decided to use them for my wreath.

easy diy hydrangea wreath

Gather your supplies and let's get started.

You'll want 12-14 large hydrangea flowers, depending on the size of wreath you use and want to make.

Strip all the leaves off the stems if you want to save them for another project.

easy diy hydrangea wreath

Cut the blossoms off the stem using wire cutters. I left only about 1/2" which helped while I was attaching them.

This might take some muscle depending on how thick the metal is inside the stem.

easy diy hydrangea wreath

Lay out your blossoms in the pattern you prefer.

I had a few different colors so I spaced them out evenly.

Lay them upside down and place the wreath on top so you can figure out spacing around the wreath frame.

easy diy hydrangea wreath

Attach the blossoms to the center wire on the wreath form with floral wire. Turn it over every few blossoms to check for spacing and make adjustments as necessary.

You can see more detailed pictures of how I securely connected the blossoms in my post linked below.

To hang it slip a small piece of twine or floral wire on the back to use as a hanger. Hang and enjoy your new Hydrangea Wreath in your house or on your porch.

easy diy hydrangea wreath

Didn't it turn out beautiful? I've had mine hanging inside my house so I can enjoy it more often than when I come through the front door.

For even more wreath inspiration check out some of the other wreaths I've made.

Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!

• Debbie

cute idea , I have some dried hydrangea's from my garden , I think I will try this as a fall arrangement .

• I am definitely going to do this for my new screened in porch!