Easy DIY Hydrangea Wreath

$15

See how easy it is to make this beautiful faux hydrangea wreath. You can choose any color of flowers you like, and if you check your local craft stores you can usually find them on sale.

I love hydrangea wreaths and one of these days I'll have one made from dried blossoms. Until then, this faux version I made will serve just fine.

I had some high quality but older stems that the green coating was starting to shed. Every time I loved or rearranged them the green stuff dropped everywhere. So I decided to use them for my wreath.

Gather your supplies and let's get started.

You'll want 12-14 large hydrangea flowers, depending on the size of wreath you use and want to make.

Strip all the leaves off the stems if you want to save them for another project.

Cut the blossoms off the stem using wire cutters. I left only about 1/2" which helped while I was attaching them.

This might take some muscle depending on how thick the metal is inside the stem.

Lay out your blossoms in the pattern you prefer.

I had a few different colors so I spaced them out evenly.

Lay them upside down and place the wreath on top so you can figure out spacing around the wreath frame.

Attach the blossoms to the center wire on the wreath form with floral wire. Turn it over every few blossoms to check for spacing and make adjustments as necessary.

You can see more detailed pictures of how I securely connected the blossoms in my post linked below.

To hang it slip a small piece of twine or floral wire on the back to use as a hanger. Hang and enjoy your new Hydrangea Wreath in your house or on your porch.

Didn't it turn out beautiful? I've had mine hanging inside my house so I can enjoy it more often than when I come through the front door.

For even more wreath inspiration check out some of the other wreaths I've made.

15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!