A Teapot, A Bowl and A Fork = One Crazy Planter

$10

Do you enjoy making unique and unusual planters? So do we  and my personal favorite is the one we made from a teapot, a fork and a bowl.

It's one of those DIY projects that turned out way better than I ever could have imagined. So many people have asked us how we did it. It looks like the teapot is floating in mid air while watering the succulents beneath it.

And all you need besides the teapot, a metal fork and bowl is Gorilla Glue and some duct tape.

To start use the bowl and teapot spout as a guide to bend the fork into shape. The handle of the fork will go inside the spout and the tines, or prongs, will be glued to the inside of the bowl. You can see in the piccy below how we bent ours.

Depending on how hard the metal is you should be able to just use the edge of a table to get the right shape.

Once you're happy, glue the fork prongs onto the side of the bowl. Gorilla Glue takes a while to dry so use some duct tape to keep it in position while you wait for the glue to dry.

Once dry, glue the handle inside the teapot spout.

Add a few succulents or some of your other favorite plants and the crazy, magical floating teapot is ready.

I added some faux water around the fork just for fun.

I'd love to know what you think of the idea. Is it something you would make for your garden?

Michelle Leslie

• Kim B.

Yes!!! I love it, will try to do same thing when i get my garden / landscaping all done! Thanks so much for sharing!

• Lois Kenworthy

I truly love this project and intend to make one also. Thank you for sharing your passion with those of us with the desire to craft but have no imagination.

• Michelle Leslie

I'm so happy to hear that Lois and you're most welcome. It always makes my day when someone likes our projects