To level the floor, we had to make like a deck framing under the plywood.
We added a room to the house using part of the garage and part of the laundry room but when it came time to do the ceiling, there where too many uneven parts and it was hard to cover with texture so we decided to use beadboard (tongue and groove pine panels from Home Depot).
After making the walls and moving the washer and dryer to a different location, we put the doors and proceeded to put sheetrock.
And then to cover all the imperfections from the ceiling, we decided to put beadboard. We did put texture on the walls first but I don't have pictures of that.
The first two pieces were the toughest but after that, it becomes easier.
Here is hubby on a roll...
It took two days to do it all.
Then came the stain which I did myself with a sponge and hubby and his friend put the trim around the edges.
All done. I love how it looks. Now, all we needed was the carpet which they installed the following weekend.
Here it is all done.