Extra Storage From an Old Suitcase.

$10

I found this old suitcase at a second hand store. It looked to be in good shape from the outside, so I gave it the old “sniff test” on the inside. I was totally amazed that there were no musty smells, or any other smells for that matter, when I opened it up!

extra storage from an old suitcase

I used a cleaner to make it look nice. It really didn't need much either! A great brand of suitcase also!

extra storage from an old suitcase

So then I was on the lookout for a suitcase stand and I found this. But, I wasn’t in love with the strapping.

extra storage from an old suitcase

So I added this. I found this at a large material store that was going out of business. I think it’s used for the inside of furniture usually, but I thought it would look great as my straps.

extra storage from an old suitcase

I also added a larger piece of wood on the front that the suitcase rests on because the suitcase didn’t sit quite level. If it’s going to be used as a table, it needs to be level!

extra storage from an old suitcase

You can’t really see it, because I tried to hide it underneath those inside straps, but I simply screwed the suitcase to the base.

extra storage from an old suitcase

And there you have it! This would be great in a guest room don’t you think!

• TerriLea

If a suitcase (mine had been in an outdoor storage building...ewe) HAS the musky, or moldy odor, what is the best way to get the smell out if regular cleaning doesn't do it?

• Jody Harris

I don’t know, but for my cleaning solutions, my go to site is Pinterest. I look at as many options as I can and also look at the feedback people give. Sorry I couldn’t be if more help. Good luck!