Extra Storage From an Old Suitcase.

$10

I found this old suitcase at a second hand store. It looked to be in good shape from the outside, so I gave it the old “sniff test” on the inside. I was totally amazed that there were no musty smells, or any other smells for that matter, when I opened it up!

I used a cleaner to make it look nice. It really didn't need much either! A great brand of suitcase also!

So then I was on the lookout for a suitcase stand and I found this. But, I wasn’t in love with the strapping.

So I added this. I found this at a large material store that was going out of business. I think it’s used for the inside of furniture usually, but I thought it would look great as my straps.

I also added a larger piece of wood on the front that the suitcase rests on because the suitcase didn’t sit quite level. If it’s going to be used as a table, it needs to be level!

You can’t really see it, because I tried to hide it underneath those inside straps, but I simply screwed the suitcase to the base.

And there you have it! This would be great in a guest room don’t you think!

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration

• TerriLea

If a suitcase (mine had been in an outdoor storage building...ewe) HAS the musky, or moldy odor, what is the best way to get the smell out if regular cleaning doesn't do it?

• Susan Ellis Yamakawa

I would love it to store out of season shoes

• Shirley

Clean your shoes first! You might consider putting each pair in a cloth bag for storage, too, to protect both them and the storage container.

• Dl.5660408

So cute! How lucky you were to find such a nice suitcase and stand