Asked on Aug 10, 2019

How do I put in 3D faux panels without destroying wall paint?

WilliamRobyn GarnerTere
+4

I want to put up 3d wall panels around the house but I have heard the horror of taking the panels off. I have even heard horror about the panels that claims to come off easy. I don’t want to have to redo my walls, so I’m looking for a creative idea on how to put them up without destroy my wall. (Barriers between wall and panel, or a certain brand that has proven to not destroy the walls)

q how do i put 3d faux panels without destroying wall paint

This is the panel I want to buy

The panels I want to buy.

• J

Maybe commercial strength Velcro strips or double sided tape.

• Kelli L. Milligan

If you are going to take them down , why are you putting them up? Just like wallpaper. Worry about the walls when you redo down the line. All you can do is make sure walls are primed and painted with a good paint.

• I'm not sure it this will work since I don't know how the panels are supposed to be attached to the wall. However, what about adding a strip of wood top and bottom to wall and then attaching the panels to that instead of the wall itself. When/ if you take the panels down, you'll still have to remove the strip of wood and fill in any holes from the screws or nails you used to secure it, but it wouldn't damage the entire wall...just a thought. And pretty panels!

• Susan

Command strips

• Tere

I agree w/ Kim. Patching a few nail holes would be far easier then trying to scrape off wall glue. Good Luck :)

• Robyn Garner

What about using museum mounting clay?

I also agree with Kim. Firing strips screwed into the wall and panels attached to the firing strips.