Bar Cart DIY Using a Dresser Drawer

$59

Here is a simple DIY on how to build an adorable bar cart from a dresser drawer .

After finding this cute little drawer at a thrift store and needing a little beverage cart in my home I decided to create something cute for beverages.

Before you begin your project draw your dimensions so you know how long to cut your legs etc.

My bar cart is going in the room where my hutch sits. So I wanted to make sure it was a little lower than my hutch. I measured the height of my hutch and then determined the height of the bar cart based off of that.

Here is my post if you want to see what it looks like.

These are the supplies you will need including a hammer, and tsp cleaner.

1. Drawer
  2. deck spindles
  3. 1/2” plywood
  4. 4 casters
  5. tsp
  6. drill with drill bits and screw driver attachments
  7. nail gun and nails
  8. paint
  9. primer
  10. paintbrush
  11. sandpaper
  12. drop cloth

Cut your spindles to the specifications on your drawing. These are the spindles between the drawer and shelf and cut the feet too.

Use the end pieces of the spindles for the feet.

Next use the nail gun to attach the spindles on to the bottom of the drawer. I nailed inside the drawer through to the spindle.

Cut the shelf the same dimensions as the drawer. I used a piece of wood from my .

Measure the distance from the outside of the drawer to the legs and then make that same distance on the shelf.

Sit the drawer upside down so the legs are up and sit the shelf on the legs making sure it lines up with the marks or you can measure it.

Nail through the shelf into the spindles to secure them.

Mark the shelf again and sit the feet on the marks and nail them in at a diagonal.

This is what the feet look like after you nail them in at an angle.

Drill holes into the bottom of the feet and place the casters into the feet.

Here is how the caster look.

Turn the bar cart over and clean any finished wood like the drawer with tsp. TSP is great at getting grim and wax off. Then sand it as needed for paint.

Prime the bar cart.

Paint the piece of furniture two coats if using a light color.

Last add the hardware back if you choose to keep the hardware.

Last add some glasses, your favorite beverage and snacks. Now you have a cute serving piece in your home.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Drawer
Deck spindles
Half-inch plywood

25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Linda

• Red

Like your enginuity very much! Sorry about this but im uninformed, what is TSP? The things i know these letters stand for dont apply here....thanks!

• T.K.

Be careful of the strength you make the solution when using TSP . It can strip the paint off surfaces if too strong. Follow the directions on the container.

• Debbie

What kind of paint was used

• Tom

Any latex interior paint is fine. Glossy or semi-gloss depending what you prefer. Al ot of paints are primer/paint, so it saves you a step.

• Shawnda A. Pauig

How did you finish the inside of the drawer? Just painted it too?

• Cinzia Farley

Great idea! I have a few drawers from an old teachers desk to use. I'm going to use two drawers. The shallow one for the top and instead of a shelf I'm going to use a deep matching drawer. The bottom I will use for liquor bottles and the top for glasses and ice bucket. Ta-da, a 'mini' bar on wheels!

• Vikki Jupin

Clever. Looks great