Bar Cart DIY Using a Dresser Drawer

$59

Here is a simple DIY on how to build an adorable bar cart from a dresser drawer .

After finding this cute little drawer at a thrift store and needing a little beverage cart in my home I decided to create something cute for beverages.

Before you begin your project draw your dimensions so you know how long to cut your legs etc.

My bar cart is going in the room where my hutch sits. So I wanted to make sure it was a little lower than my hutch. I measured the height of my hutch and then determined the height of the bar cart based off of that.

Here is my post if you want to see what it looks like.

These are the supplies you will need including a hammer, and tsp cleaner.

1. Drawer
  2. deck spindles
  3. 1/2” plywood
  4. 4 casters
  5. tsp
  6. drill with drill bits and screw driver attachments
  7. nail gun and nails
  8. paint
  9. primer
  10. paintbrush
  11. sandpaper
  12. drop cloth

Cut your spindles to the specifications on your drawing. These are the spindles between the drawer and shelf and cut the feet too.

Use the end pieces of the spindles for the feet.

Next use the nail gun to attach the spindles on to the bottom of the drawer. I nailed inside the drawer through to the spindle.

Cut the shelf the same dimensions as the drawer. I used a piece of wood from my .

Measure the distance from the outside of the drawer to the legs and then make that same distance on the shelf.

Sit the drawer upside down so the legs are up and sit the shelf on the legs making sure it lines up with the marks or you can measure it.

Nail through the shelf into the spindles to secure them.

Mark the shelf again and sit the feet on the marks and nail them in at a diagonal.

This is what the feet look like after you nail them in at an angle.

Drill holes into the bottom of the feet and place the casters into the feet.

Here is how the caster look.

Turn the bar cart over and clean any finished wood like the drawer with tsp. TSP is great at getting grim and wax off. Then sand it as needed for paint.

Prime the bar cart.

Paint the piece of furniture two coats if using a light color.

Last add the hardware back if you choose to keep the hardware.

Last add some glasses, your favorite beverage and snacks. Now you have a cute serving piece in your home.

The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Linda