Asked on Aug 11, 2019

How do I get rid of odors in my home?

Wanda sinnemaMorgan McBrideShore grandmom
+6

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Hi Loretta,

What kind of odors and where are they?

• It depends on the odor. I would start by opening doors and windows to let fresh air in. Wash curtains, blinds, pillows, etc. If necessary, walls may need to be washed down and carpets and upholstery cleaned.

• Open all doors and windows. What type of odors and where are they?

• Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

First, try to get rid of the source of the odor. I like to use the charcoal bags to help keep the air smelling fresh. You can find them just about anywhere. Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, online, etc.

• Shore grandmom
      Shore grandmom

I saw on another response that the odor is in your bedroom. Is there a bathroom, kitchen or utility room next to it? If so, you may have a leak that causing a mold problem in the wall between them. That's a real health hazard and should be checked for right away. It's also possible that something got stuck in the wall, died and is now decomposing. If you can't find the source, you should have it checked out professionally.

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

what stinks? find the source and clean it.

• Wanda sinnema
    Wanda sinnema

It might be more serious than the odar.. something in the insulation or back of the walls. I'm thinking MOLD, or rotting. I'd get it professionally checked out first..