Faux Kitchen Tile

$20

Here is a fun project to add a faux tile backsplash in your kitchen using a stencil. It only takes a couple of hours but makes a big impact.

faux kitchen tile
Before
Before

I wanted to add some interest to my boring coffee bar wall and thought this faux tile project would be perfect.

The first step was to paint my wall with a coat of white paint and let it dry completely before proceeding with the stenciling. My backsplash area is 12” in height and I used a 6” stencil so I could stack two complete stencils.

Close up of the stencil
Close up of the stencil
faux kitchen tile

Supplies for this project are white paint, black acrylic craft paint, stencil brush, painter’s tape, and of course a stencil. This is the stencil I used J Boutique Stencils Wall Moroccan Tile Stencil T0055 for DIY Wall Decor Furniture Floor Craft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DXRN9RC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WRdvDbVX019W7

faux kitchen tile

This stencil was so easy to work with because you paint the first row of petals for your next area so you have a guide for where to line up the stencil-no guessing or worrying about not being level.

faux kitchen tile

Use black acrylic paint for the stencil. Make sure you don’t have too much paint on your brush, I tap the excess off on a paper towel before painting. Work in a light circular motion.

faux kitchen tile

First four stencils done! I left a 1 inch border on both ends of my wall because I didn’t want any partial stencils.

faux kitchen tile

I stenciled around the outlet as much as I could.

faux kitchen tile

Half-way there!

faux kitchen tile

It took me about 2 hours to finish the stenciling and I really love how it came out!

Coffee,anyone?...
Coffee,anyone?...