Asked on Aug 12, 2019

How to get out set-in ink from clothing?

Wanda sinnemaRedcatcecEdna Hurst
+2

How do I get ink out of clothes

• Rubbing alcohol usually works, Tracy, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'baked in'.

• Deanna

I agree, try rubbing alcohol

• Edna Hurst

Cold water and baking Sosa, make a paste, let sit on stain for couple hours, repeat until it lifts off.

• Redcatcec

If you put the fabric that has the ink stain through the clothes dryer, it is probably set in the fabric. I would try the rubbing alcohol, blot it with a clean cloth, have a napkin underneath it so if it does bleed through, it will not go onto another part of the fabric.

• Wanda sinnema

DEPENDING ON THE INK..... HAIRSPRAY in aerosol cans is what the grocery stores used to use to get ink out.... DENATURED alcohol. is also worth a try.. REMEMBER you want to transfer the ink to another fabric..: place an old towel underneath.. SPRAY then BLOT DO NOT NOT RUB.. BLOTTING will push the ink to the fabric below.. Move the underneath towel to a clean spot ..... repeat and repeat moving spraying and blotting..