Painted Cinder Block Wall

$20

A cinder block wall does not have to be plain or an eyesore. Just grab some paint and a stencil and turn it into a feature! Our deck was built on a cinder block foundation, which is right by the swimming pool. I was tired of it looking unfinished, so I decided to paint it white, then added a pop of color with a fun design. See how I transformed this wall in one afternoon!

I had painted the wall several years ago, but it was in need of a fresh coat of paint. After pressure washing the grime away, I painted two coats of an outdoor paint with primer.

I decided on a diamond pattern and measured out the dimensions, taping them off. I used Frog tape, since it is supposed to be the best for bumpy surfaces. I simply pressed the edges down really hard with my finger to reduce bleed through.

I chose these three paint colors from my stash and painted two coats, letting it dry in between.

I varied the color pattern and design to add dimension to the wall. While the paint was still tacky, I removed the tape to reveal clean lines.

Now, the wall is a focal point of the pool area instead of an eyesore! Would you try it?

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas