Budget Friendly Lacquered End Table.

$20.00

I have been admiring the beautiful lacquered furniture that I have been seeing in stores and at my favorite decor sites and blogs. I was not a fan, however, of the high price tag that they had. One day, while browsing at my favorite thrift store, I spied a vintage rattan end table that I knew would be the perfect piece for a little DIY. The price was definitely right at $6.97!

budget friendly lacquered end table

I gathered the material I would use for the transformation. I knew a little prep would go a long way with this project. I used 150 grit and 400 grit sand paper, mineral spirits, and three cans of white gloss spray paint.

budget friendly lacquered end table

First I used the 150 grit sand paper to lightly rough up the surface of the rattan a bit so the paint would stick to the surface a little better.

budget friendly lacquered end table

After I sanded the surface, I wiped the table down with mineral spirits to be sure that the surface was totally clean.

budget friendly lacquered end table

Next, I began to paint. I gave the table several light coats of paint letting it dry between coats. I had the 400 grit sandpaper on hand in case of any runs or drips. If yo do have a run, wait for the paint to dry before sanding it out. I used three full cans of paint to get a really complete coverage.

budget friendly lacquered end table

I love the way it turned out! This was such a simple and easy project. The best part was, because I already had the sandpaper and spray paint, the entire project cost about $20.00! I will definitely be on the hunt for more vintage rattan! Check out more of what I do on my Instagram @simpleprairielife

• Diane B

This turned out so beautifully. I could not vision this being anything but ugly but the result is so cute. I love it. I also love the lamp shade. Where did you get it?

• Joyce

How did you paint the rattan criss cross on the table top without getting paint on the glass?

• Jennifer

That glass piece comes right off! It just lays on top. The rattan frames it around the edges.

• Helena

How do I stain concrete?

• Jennifer

You can get concrete stain in endless colors online or at any home improvement store. Be sure to follow the instructions from cleaning and prepping! You can brush or roll on the stain.

• Dl.5660408

So much prettier! Your decor is lovely

• Mary Njus
    25 minutes ago

I love it! It goes perfectly in your beautiful room! Rattan is making a comeback, this is elegant but still so textured that it’s not fru fru. Thx for sharing.