Living Candelier

$20

I found this beautiful iron chandeleier on the Facebook market place for $10! What a steal! The electrical had been cut, so using as a traditional chandelier was not an option, I’ve always wanted a chandelier above my garden tub, which also has no electricity, so this was perfect for that! Some battery operated candles, some terra-cotta saucers, and a few viney plants and this masterpiece is ready to hang! Here’s what you’ll need:

This beauty was too good a deal to pass up!

One chandelier-I see them regularly at my local goodwill and thrift shops

terra-cotta saucers

terra-cotta pots

E-6000 or comparable strong hold glue

hot glue gun

battery operated candles

plants of choice

Start off by removing all the leftover electrical components, the wire that would attach this to the ceiling was already cut so I didn’t have that to remove, but these little guys that the light bulbs were connected to, had to go! A flat head screw driver and some wire cutters and they came right off!

These were porcelain or something of the sort and some of them shattered, I recommend wearing gloves for any and all projects! But use caution if you don’t like to work in gloves! With exposed wire and metal there is potential for cuts and pokes! This was literally the hardest part of the whole project!

I didn’t take the greatest picture of the glue process but I used a combination of E-6000 and hot glue, the hot glue for instant hold to avoid having to tape all these up, and E-6000 for its strong hold to a variety of surfaces. I lined the rim of the chandelier and carefully centered the terra-cotta pot in the position I wanted it to stay in. I held in place for a few moments until I knew the hot glue had set.

I repeated the same process for the saucers!

Once all the glue had set, it’s time to add your plants and candles! I chose to use Pothos, they do well in low light and don’t need to be watered super often! I hung this from my ceiling with a hook that I had laying around, it cane with special anchors made for the ceiling and can hold up to 75 pounds. You’ll want to make sure your hook is strong enough to hold the weight of the fixture you choose.

Of course I had to share the view from sitting in the tub. I’m convinced this is why they call this a garden tub! Hahaha! I hope you enjoyed this quick little project! I would love to see what you come up with! Share with me on Instagram, tag me in your project posts @redsrusticrehabs

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving

• Audrey kammerude
    Audrey kammerude

I want t o know if you have to take it down to turn the candles on - They ARE battery-operated - right?

• Red's Rustic Rehab
      Red's Rustic Rehab

They are flameless battery operated, they came with remotes, they also have a switch on the bottom for a timer setting they turn on for 8 hours very 16 I believe?

• Carolina
    Carolina

Not sure I like the idea but what I do absolutely love are those wooden shutters!! did you make them?

• Maggie
    Maggie

R the flowers real or fake? I think they r fake but, if real, how will u give water to them?

• Red's Rustic Rehab
      Red's Rustic Rehab

They are real. I just reach up and water them. It’s a fairly large chandelier and we have low ceilings

• Jane Grice
    Jane Grice

Genius! Absolutely adorable

• Mcgypsy9
    Mcgypsy9

I made one of these years ago for my granddaughters birthday using tea cups and saucers and on the top I added a teapot with pink and white roses. I used mine as a table centerpiece and the kids were amazed with it. I’ve always wanted to do one for outside but I love this idea for over the tub! This came out really nice!