DIY Wall Accent Molding for $15

$15

I wanted to add some texture and statement to my walls so I went to Home Depot (that’s my go to place for everything) with a $25 gift card and determined to not spend a cent more.. to look for crown moldings, they’re expensive. For me at least..

No brainer ...

Each of the pine strips of molding I purchased were about $1.50, the cheapest was actually .89c .. the most expensive was $2. I got three styles to make my own design.

The top is a half round, the middle is a embossed one and the third is my favorite.

So I just nailed them to the wall in the order of my desired design.

The vertical strips are $2 poplar.

After they were all nailed, I used wood filler to fill the holes, sanded, then painted.

This is in my daughter’s room and I’m so happy with the results. Now I have the confidence to try the same thing in my kitchen and the rest of my house.. I might just crown mold the entire place with these cheap little cute things.

CONS: they’re not as sturdy as regular crown molding wood, so be careful when cutting or nailing them, they might crack or rip. They’re very light and easily breakable, almost like a giant toothpick.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock

• Kay Farquhar Boling

Can’t you please show a close up of the three pieces where they are all together? And where do you use your favorite trim piece, the third one?

• Susan QC

She put them on the wall just like the picture at the beginning only with no space between them. You have to imagine them stacked one on top of the other.