How can I make a DIY room divider?

+7

My kids share a bedroom in my apartment. I want to divide it with a curtain from the ceiling, so it can be pulled back, but those curtain tracks are expensive. Does anyone know how I can DIY it cheap?

• How about cup hooks, with a metal pipe?

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Aug 13, 2019

I would purchase a length of 3/4" PVC or 3/4" galvanized pipe (1/2" would work too) and use that instead. You can purchase anchors specific for ceilings that would give you a strong place to hang it from on either end. Any of the main lumber stores (Home depot etc.) Will cut a piece as long as you need. Both would be plenty strong.

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Mar 29, 2021

Yes. I’ve used the PVC pipe because I didn’t have to worry about the metal pipe leaving gray marks on my white curtains.

• Melissa Melissa on Aug 13, 2019

I hadn't even thought of that, and it's so simple. Thank you.

• Pat Pat on Aug 13, 2019

How big is their room? Could you divide their room with two bookcases...one open to one child's side and the other open to the other side. The bookcases could be as high as they need to be. Look at unpainted furniture and you can paint them yourself and not cost so much.

• Melissa Melissa on Aug 14, 2019

It's a tight space, that's why I think a curtain would work best, but I love the bookshelf idea. Thank you.

• Wanda sinnema Wanda sinnema on Aug 13, 2019

PVC PIPE is lightweight and available in lots of sizes and can be cut to the exact sizes you need. look for PVC PROJECTS for tips and ideas