Asked 3 days ago

What should I use to give the bathroom a really solid cleaning?

Andrea KaneKathy DeStafinoNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+1

How do you clean a bathroom tub and floor so bad that hasn't been cleaned in years what's the best solution and also the glass shower door

• Lisa S.

I would start with TSP- used to prep for paint. Careful NOT to mix any product containing bleach, with anything containing ammonia- it will make a deadly gas.

• If it is that bad, I would use TSP, that stuff cuts through anything.

• Kathy DeStafino

Shower door clean

Cut a grapefruit in half, cover with kosher salt and use as a scrubber.

Lysol Power Scum cleaner in the blue trigger spray bottle with a Magic Eraser or a scrub brush.

Wet & forget shower for a slower, no scrub solution. You can use 2x a week to accelerate the cleaning process then once a week to keep it clean.

I try to stay away from bleach products as much as possible. The Power Scum cleaner and a powered spin scrubber has always given good results as well. I think you should invest in the spin scrubber, it's such a time & back saver.

• Andrea Kane
    31 minutes ago

My daughter works for a hotel supply company. A representative gave them a demonstration of using Spic N'Span along with a Magic Eraser to clean. Amazing results! I used on my cast iron tub that was installed in 1950 and it was clean, clean, clean. I have tried countless other ideas and this combination was the only thing that worked.