DIY Fall Decor | Throw Pillows Stamped With Leaves

$20

Fall is all about beautiful colors, comfort food and leaves falling. Bring some leafy Fall decor into your home this Fall by making your own leaf stamp throw pillow covers.

Be sure to check out my blog for more photos and project details!

Start by getting out in the fresh air and collect some nice, whole, green leaves from some of your favorite local trees. Make sure you keep them flat, and pull them off stem and all.

Bring your leaves home, and grab the chalk paint. Don't give those leaves time to dry out. They lose their stamping abilities by the hour. Set up a large area where you can stamp you pillow covers. I ordered my covers from Amazon, and went with white for a good contrast.

Lay your leaf out on a piece of paper, and cover the entire bottom of the leaf with chalk paint. Make sure you are using the under side of the leaf to stamp with, as it will give you all the vein definition.

Gently place your leaf onto your pillow cover. Cover the leaf with a clean sheet of paper, and carefully smooth over the entire leaf with your hands. Chalk paint dries so fast, I didn't have to worry about smudging surrounding leaf stamps.

Peel your leaf up, and reveal your stamp. I like to practice this a couple times on paper before committing, to make sure I like my technique and the results.

Continue stamping with lots of different sizes and shapes to cover your entire pillowcase.

Or, you can go with a single leaf stamp for a simpler look. We did this throw pillow with one large maple leaf and some burgundy chalk paint. You could add an Autumn inspired quote as well.

When you're happy with your stamping, put it in a safe spot and let the paint completely dry. Then, spray over your pillow with Scotch Guard to protect against stains.

You can wash these babies in a cool wash, and hang dry. I've had no trouble with fading or running paint.

Happy Fall!

Heather Cammack

• Victoria Rae Roise

Is the chalk paint able to be washed? I’m thinking of doing this to dish drying towels for a fall teacher gift :)

• Robyn Garner

Kewl, cheap, easy = perfect project! 😎

• Shelly Moore

I would definitely add some fabric medium to whatever paint you stamp them with. It's cheap and keeps the paint colors brighter longer. This project is Right up my Alley!!! I just Love comparing and looking at the shapes of leaves I see! I want to bring one of Each One (or more!) home with me to save somehow. My brain is now spinning and full of ideas using leaves as stamps!!!!! Can't wait till spring! But hey I just thought of something else! Pine tree leaves!!! Cedar trees, junipers, privit leaves and plants whose leaves stay green all winter. I have most of these in my yard! Feeling Inspired!