DIY Fall Decor | Throw Pillows Stamped With Leaves

$20

Fall is all about beautiful colors, comfort food and leaves falling. Bring some leafy Fall decor into your home this Fall by making your own leaf stamp throw pillow covers.

Be sure to check out my blog for more photos and project details!

diy fall decor throw pillows stamped with leaves

Start by getting out in the fresh air and collect some nice, whole, green leaves from some of your favorite local trees. Make sure you keep them flat, and pull them off stem and all.

Bring your leaves home, and grab the chalk paint. Don't give those leaves time to dry out. They lose their stamping abilities by the hour. Set up a large area where you can stamp you pillow covers. I ordered my covers from Amazon, and went with white for a good contrast.

Lay your leaf out on a piece of paper, and cover the entire bottom of the leaf with chalk paint. Make sure you are using the under side of the leaf to stamp with, as it will give you all the vein definition.

Gently place your leaf onto your pillow cover. Cover the leaf with a clean sheet of paper, and carefully smooth over the entire leaf with your hands. Chalk paint dries so fast, I didn't have to worry about smudging surrounding leaf stamps.

Peel your leaf up, and reveal your stamp. I like to practice this a couple times on paper before committing, to make sure I like my technique and the results.

Continue stamping with lots of different sizes and shapes to cover your entire pillowcase.

Or, you can go with a single leaf stamp for a simpler look. We did this throw pillow with one large maple leaf and some burgundy chalk paint. You could add an Autumn inspired quote as well.

When you're happy with your stamping, put it in a safe spot and let the paint completely dry. Then, spray over your pillow with Scotch Guard to protect against stains.

You can wash these babies in a cool wash, and hang dry. I've had no trouble with fading or running paint.

Happy Fall!

Heather Cammack

• Victoria Rae Roise

Is the chalk paint able to be washed? I’m thinking of doing this to dish drying towels for a fall teacher gift :)

• Pam Axton

We did this once on sweat shirts using fall colors and they turned out great. I had forgotten about this, thanks for reminding me.

• Robyn Garner

Kewl, cheap, easy = perfect project! 😎