Ashleigh Sommer
Ashleigh Sommer
  • Fayetteville, NC

Sponge Accent Wall... Yes, You Read That Correctly!

$20

-Have a boring, plain wall in your home? Make it a beautiful accent wall in no time!-

sponge wall yes you read that correctly
post

Step One - Paint

• This step is not necessary if you already have a color on the wall you like. If not though paint the wall in color of choice.
post

Step Two - Cut Sponge

• Cut the corners of the sponge so it's not so square. If you want more square, just leave the sponge as is.
post

Step Three - Stamp With The Sponge

• Pour paint into a container where you can dip the sponge in completely flat. It doesn't not take much paint, so don't pour too much. Dip the sponge into the paint and scrap on the side of the container any excess paint. You really don't want much on there, less is better to start. You can always stamp over if you want it darker.

Step Four - Get To Stamping

• In a straight line, simply stamp the sponge onto the wall. You can spread each "stamp" out as much as you'd like. I did 3-4 stamps before re-dipping into the paint.
  • For spots around something, (sink, mirror, toilet, light, etc.) I grabbed another sponge, my pack came with three, and cut the length that would fit around the area. In the smaller, tighter areas (behind the sink and toilet) I used a piece about 1-2 inches long and just make the length with that smaller piece.
post

Paint color -

• Night Watch by PPG
post

The beautiful after shot of our bathroom!

Step Five - Enjoy!

• Now you're all done and have a beautiful, wallpaper-like accent wall in your home! :)

Follow us on Instagram @sommer.stains

• Reesie Blakeney

How can I clean stains from mattresse

• Lyn
      28 minutes ago

Febreze had gotten out small yellow spots that I had on a mattress. Spray it directly on the spot, and wipe with a cloth. Let it dry before making bed.

• Georgianna

How to paint paneling walls

• Kimmie Larsen-Crisp

its a lot of work, did it a few years ago... only do 1 wall at a time is my advise... maybe you could put up some sort of plastic wall. that dust goes everywhere. used an electric sander... just sand enough so its not slick or shiney, wear a mask.. then use kiltz primer, then your color

• Bridget

looks great, cant help but wonder where that black and white rug came from ? :)

• Kimberly Jonesy

Neat-o!!!

• Roni Freels

It’s beautiful and I want to do this to my guest bathroom. What measurement do you use between each “sponging”. Thank you for this great idea. You are a genius.