Gorgeous Rainbow Upcycled Succulent Planters

$3

I love the trend for succulents and cactus planters for the home. I'm always upcycling the things around me into colourful planters such as these fabulous Marimekko tin can planters.

This time I didn't use tin cans but I used a variety of old bowls, glasses and candlesticks for the planters.

What you need for this project as well as the old bits and pieces are some Gorilla contact adhesive and spray paints in a rainbow of colours.

You can easily pick up these odds bit of crockery very cheaply in your local thrift and junk stores.

Before gluing your planters, play around with the arrangements. Place bowls on top of glasses and candlesticks. Experiment with a range combinations. I liked to ensure that I had a selection of planters in different heights.

Once you are happy with your design. Place some contact adhesive on the base.

Then place more adhesive on the top bowl. Then, following the instructions on the contact adhesive stick them together.

Leave the glue plenty of time to dry fully.

Repeat with all the other bowls, glasses and candlesticks.

Next, spray paint each planter. To create a rainbow spray paint each one a different colour of the rainbow.

When the planters are dry then they are ready to plant with succulents and cacti.

For instructions on how to plant the succulents then visit the blog link at the end.

I love how the planters look on the mantle. The different heights really show off the succulents. I think they would also make a lovely gift.

I'm going to make some more planters for the fabulous 3 tier wood slice planter shelves I made (see here).

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Claire at Pillarboxblue