Pamela strickland
Pamela strickland
  • Little River, SC
Asked on Aug 16, 2019

How can I refinish an old scratch-proof kitchen table top?

Lauren of Mom Home GuideEverything PrettyPamela strickland
+1

• Cynthia H

Almost anything can be prepped and painted. I'm not sure what a scratch proof top is. Is it a type of laminate? A little more information would be helpful😁

• Pamela strickland

I have searched and obviously it is a laminate top. That doesnt seem to be what it was called in the 60s.

I thought laminate could be removed or curl overtime. This is a heavy solid oak table. The laminate looks the same as it did when I bought it and has been our main table since the 60s. Tired of the oak. Thanks for your quick response. Problem resolved.

• Everything Pretty

I had a 1960s laminate topped table. My kids were little, and that thing couldn't be destroyed lol I was sick of the oat, but I didn't want to give up the convenience of the top. I ended up painting the legs of the table and the chairs black and leaving the top just for the protection.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

You could paint your laminate table like this homeowner did: https://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com/how-to-paint-a-laminate-kitchen-table/