Asked on Aug 16, 2019

How do I get rid of pigeons?

JewellmartinBetsyFiddledd224
+1

• Fiddledd224

The first, and easiest way to discourage pigeons from your patio, deck, or balcony is to fasten a wind-chime, aluminum foil pan, Mylar-type balloon, or balloons, a decoy owl or hawk, or some shiny rubber snakes in the offended area. Anything noisy to scare them away.

Hi Melissa: The way I do it is I buzz down to the Dollar Tree, go to the toy department, pick up a bunch of fake snakes, put them around where the pigeons are and they get out of Dodge! Pigeons don't care for snakes, so this is an easy a cruelty free way to get them to go away. Because of the little boys in the neighbourhood, I have to replace the snakes on occasion:)

Good luck

• Jewellmartin

Naomi’s Moore has the sites! My city tells us to set out fake owls, hang aluminum pie plates, and play recordings of owls and hawks. We have businesses who line their roofs with plastic owls and loud speakers and shiny spinners, but the pigeons fill in all the spaces along the roofs, ground, trees, and power lines. But the black grackles will soon replace the pigeons and make even more noise and mess. Each of our neighbors have large loud dogs, and I think they keep the birds and some of the cats and squirrels out of our yard. The dogs even warn of anyone in the alley. I hope you find your answer. Jewell