Asked on Aug 16, 2019

Is there a DIY solution for getting rid of roaches?

MEGJewellmartinNan W.
+1

there a home remedy for getting rid of roaches?

• Cher @ Designs By Studio C

Hi, Kristie!

I found an article on making your own roach killer. They are a nasty problem and I hope this helps!

• Nan W.

Kristie: I keep ALL my food in jars and high quality (sealable) plastic containers. This includes things like cereal, rice, pasta, etc. Leave NOTHING on the countertops... like cookie jars (unless you can twist them closed) or potato chip bags. Leave NO dirty dishes in the sink or on counters. Everything is spotless when you go to bed! Crumbs, etc attract roaches... don't give them a buffet.

• Jewellmartin

Sprinkle borax, Epsom salts, or salt-and-cornstarch into baseboards, corners, and into cabinets. This may kill and/or prevent insects of any types, since the powder disrupts their digestive and reproductive systems. But besides the once-a-quarter professional spraying, I keep a can of ant and roach spray handy because I don’t want to see any live bugs or spiders at any time. Jewell

• MEG

Roaches are the worst invaders to get rid of. Trust me know. My son accidently brought them home from a dive bar. Ugh in no time my kitchen was infested with these creepy crawlers. I removed everything from the cabinets and sprinkled Boric Powder in all the cabinets and kept the cabinet doors open because the like to hide in dark places. I waited a week and applied a 2nd application of Boric Acid. After no more signs of these nasty bugs I washed and wiped everything before putting it back. Declutter and throw out plastic and paper bags which they like to hide in and keep counters clean and cleared and no dirty dishes in the sink and take out the garbage.