Maggie
Maggie
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Asked on Aug 16, 2019

What kind of paint should I use for stenciling?

Lindsay AratariThe Inspired WorkshopEverything Pretty
+3

• Gk

Maggie you can buy small bottles of acrylic craft paint for less than 2.00 at any craft store or places like Walmart. It will dry fast. I also use foam makeup sponges for stenciling taking care to dab excess paint off on a paper towel before I begin my stenciling. I have used wall paint and chalk paint for stenciling but it does take longer to dry.

• Everything Pretty

I use the small bottles of acrylic paint.

• The Inspired Workshop

Hey Maggie! Depending on what you are painting will determine what kind of paint you can use to stencil! If you are just stenciling a wall or piece of furniture, acrylic craft paint will work or latex paint of any kind! But if it is a floor or patio, you will need specialized floor or patio paint (ask at your local Sherwin Williams or HomeDepot). If you are stenciling on tile, I would use a tile paint! Rustoleum makes some great options for this! Hope this helps!

• Lindsay Aratari

Acrylic paint works great if it’s a craft that you’re stenciling